Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:59 pm 

This has been rehashed on the Chronicle's website, but this is the original police Facebook post on which it seems to be based.

Certainly quite a good photo, though. And if that guy approached my car I'd be suspicious from the kick off - I certainly quite often wear joggers and the like myself, and am certainly the opposite of an, er, fashion icon :oops:

But to my mind there's nothing worse and dodgier than a tracksuit or similar that's worn in the streets/supermarkets or wherever, and is all the same colour, top to toe (it's a bit like the old 'double denim', thing back in the day :-o )

If you're going to wear trackie bottoms, hoodies, or whatever, at least make sure the top and bottom are different colours.

And that's my fashion advice for today :lol:

#APPEAL We are appealing for information to help trace a man in connection with a suspected assault in North Tyneside.

https://www.facebook.com/northumbriapol ... 5mL5huQwml

- Shortly after 1.10am
- Friday, December 29
- High Street East, Wallsend

We received a report that a taxi driver had been involved in an altercation with an unknown male.

It was reported the offender entered the taxi and asked for a discounted fee before allegedly assaulting the driver when his request was denied.

The man got out of the taxi but returned a short time later and allegedly kicked the driver’s side door, causing substantial damage to the vehicle.

Officers investigating the incident have today released an image of a man who they would like to speak in connection with the report.

He was in the area at the time the incident is reported to have taken place and officers believe he could have valuable information that may assist the ongoing investigation.

The man, or anyone who recognises him, is asked to contact police via the 'Report' page on the our website or by calling 101, quoting reference number NP-20231229-0037.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:16 pm 

For what it's worth, there are a few wee emoticons in the Facebook post, which can be viewed via the link. And it's easy enough to copy them and paste them on here. And if you click on the post 'Preview' button, the emoticons can be viewed with the rest of the post on here.

But when you actually click on the 'Submit' button, you get a PHP error message and the post won't appear.

I suspect it's some sort of coding conflict, or whatever, caused by the emoticons.

But what I can never understand (it's an ongoing issue when posting emoticons copied from Facebook on here) is why you can view the Preview without issue, but it won't accept the actual post :-k

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:20 pm 

Lots of comments about the 'hideous' tracksuit :lol:

And that he looks like Lewis Capaldi (wouldn't have a clue, myself).

And also stuff about sweetcorn - think it's a Green Giant joke :)

And also quite a few on the usual gap of almost two months since the incident, which to be honest I didn't even notice :-o

Too bothered with the emoticon issue to notice 8-[

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:54 pm 

It is a good picture and if the fella doesn't turn himself in someone will dob him in it.

And maybe that tracksuit could be made the subject of a deprivation order. :D