Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:57 pm 

Nottingham shop owner says she thought she would faint after Uber crashed into building

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/not ... ht-9321071

The owner of a business that was closed after an Uber driver crashed into the front of it says she's hopeful it could be open again this week. Katriona Skrimshire only became aware of what happened when her security system said there had been a large impact at Roots Natural Food in Mansfield Road, Sherwood.

The police had cordoned off the car and the property on Sunday afternoon (June 2). The driver appeared unharmed following the incident.

Ms Skrimshire said: “I wasn’t there at the time as we’re shut on Sundays. I found out about what happened through the security system at the shop notifying me of a big impact on the front of the store.

"I rushed there and saw two police cars and a car through the front window. I was just in such shock, I started shaking and felt like I was going to faint.

"I was there at the store until 9pm when the police said I could go and then came back at nine this morning to start the clean up.” Since details of the incident were shared on Facebook lots of customers have got in touch to share their sympathies and offer to help.

Ms Skrimshire added: “The shop is shut today (June 3) as the front is boarded up but also because products fell off shelves and went all over the shop floor, so I need to clean this all up.

"I’m hoping that we’ll be able to open again at some point this week, I’m not sure exactly what day but fingers crossed this week.”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:58 pm 

How on earth did he get that car in that position?

:-k

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:01 pm 

Sussex wrote:
How on earth did he get that car in that position?

:-k

Sat nav says turn left.