Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:15 pm 

I didn't see this program but it is worth mentioning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content ... se#comment

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:22 pm 
should this not read JD [taken off original link on jd's post]

only taking the p... jd

JC
At the risk of being accused of moving blame onto victims, some people need to take more care. 3 or 4 times, I've driven into Manchester to pick-up my in-laws after a night out. I drive along Deansgate at around midnight & on every occasion, people have attempted to get into my car thinking I was Private Hire. They were scantilly dressed young women who were too drunk to know what they were doing. Of course they have the right to dress how they please but where is the personal responsibility? I would be called reckless if I was mugged after staggered about drunk waving a fat wallet at people

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:59 pm 

tm wrote:
should this not read JD [taken off original link on jd's post]

only taking the p... jd

Quote:
JC
At the risk of being accused of moving blame onto victims, some people need to take more care. 3 or 4 times, I've driven into Manchester to pick-up my in-laws after a night out. I drive along Deansgate at around midnight & on every occasion, people have attempted to get into my car thinking I was Private Hire. They were scantilly dressed young women who were too drunk to know what they were doing. Of course they have the right to dress how they please but where is the personal responsibility? I would be called reckless if I was mugged after staggered about drunk waving a fat wallet at people

Coincidently there's a post on there from a Mr T. You don't suppose it could be? On second thoughts I think not.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:48 pm 

The usual innacurate use of terminology, for example:

"All private cars now have big yellow stickers on the bonnet to identify them and there are taxi marshalls at the ranks".

Clearly the article should have said private hire car instead of merely private car, which is just an ordinary motor car driven by the public. And the article also uses the word taxi liberally to apply to PHVs.

And that's just the BBC, not the public!