Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next

EU - Remain or Leave?
Remain in the EU 28%  28%  [ 12 ]
Leave the EU 72%  72%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 43
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:10 pm 

at the moment its 9 to 1 - and I'm the one.

ffs

I deal with mong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:17 pm 

Cameron will do a Chamberlain, remember that?......

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:21 pm 

I suspect the limp wristed, the luvvies, the Eurocar-driving French wine drinking numpties with a villa in the dordogne and investments in the Bundesbank will convince the short-of-IQ into getting a 51% majority (of those who actually vote) and when we are saddled with the EU forever any "agreements" Cameron got will be overturned and the Child benefit being sent to the EU from the UK and all the Roma-claimants will be back in force and set in stone

enjoy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:31 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
I suspect the limp wristed, the luvvies, the Eurocar-driving French wine drinking numpties with a villa in the dordogne and investments in the Bundesbank will convince the short-of-IQ into getting a 51% majority (of those who actually vote) and when we are saddled with the EU forever any "agreements" Cameron got will be overturned and the Child benefit being sent to the EU from the UK and all the Roma-claimants will be back in force and set in stone

enjoy

its a club, and tbh its an exclusive club to which we're not really a part.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:20 am 

captain cab wrote:

ffs

I deal with mong

This is a truly pathetic deal. Let's Leave the EU, control our borders, run our own country and stop handing £55m every day to Brussels.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:20 pm 

captain cab wrote:

ffs

I deal with mong

CC. Is that tongue in cheek Or would you wish to stay.....if YES, why?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:46 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:20 pm 

captain cab wrote:

You share a percentage of support with the numpties from the local GMB.

In fact I suspect you represent a higher percentage than that mob.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:24 pm 

I've never been a fan of George Galloway, and doubt I ever will be.

However he spoke a fair bit of sense at a recent Leave meeting.

In short he said it doesn't matter what political side you are on, we need, as a country, to make our own rules.

https://youtu.be/Ym7ENcDeE3w

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:43 pm 

A long time ago I voted for this country to become part of the Common Market, which meant free trade between European countries, which in my opinion at that time, was a good thing, but I did not get a vote about becoming part of the European Union and having their laws imposed on this country. After seeing the amount of corruption that goes on in Brussels and the way EU law overrules the wishes and rights of the British public, being a member has more against it than for it. I am quite sure that the UK out of the EU will do just as well if not better, and the British law system, acting for the British people, will be fine without interference, although I am sure that certain lawyers will not see it that way........so as far as I am concerned, I will be voting to leave the EU.

Sometimes politicians can seem to have lost when really they have won.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:54 pm 

In the event of us leaving the EU i'll sort of miss having something to despise, still, I guess I'd rather despise them from the outside looking in than from the Inside looking out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:31 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
In the event of us leaving the EU i'll sort of miss having something to despise, still, I guess I'd rather despise them from the outside looking in than from the Inside looking out.

The SNP are coming across as very mixed up! Campaigning one minute to break away from the U.K. and yet wanting to belong to the EU, which is not a given if the breakaway ever happens.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:47 am 

cabby john wrote:

I'll vote to stay.

How dare this country condemn others like the EU for being undemocratic institutions - we have a Queen as our head of state and an unelected second chamber in the house of lords.

The EU didn't vote to attack Iraq or Syria or Libya.

The same people that cry about foreign workers sending UK state benefits home seem to forget the dross that is on many of our housing estates who've never worked a day in their lives.

As for our justice system, hmmm, tell that to the Irish folk locked up illegally after the Birmingham pub bombings - tell that to the Liverpool supporters at Hillsborough

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:18 am 

captain cab wrote:
cabby john wrote:

Quote:
I'll vote to stay.

How dare this country condemn others like the EU for being undemocratic institutions - we have a Queen as our head of state and an unelected second chamber in the house of lords.

The same people that cry about foreign workers sending UK state benefits home seem to forget the dross that is on many of our housing estates who've never worked a day in their lives.

As for our justice system, hmmm, tell that to the Irish folk locked up illegally after the Birmingham pub bombings - tell that to the Liverpool supporters at Hillsborough

Quote:
I'll vote to stay.

Okay I can go with your right to decide - we will agree to disagree as to whether you are right.

Quote:

I do not see as to how the 2/3 are linked to the EU being undemocratic ! The EU are bankrupt/unaudited/corrupt - I do not see the link.

Quote:

Maybe not....neither did they condemn it !

Quote:

To coin a phrase.....two wrongs do not make a right.

Quote:

On that one I will agree with you. I was brought up on the spiel of "British Justice is the best in the World"! All I will say is god help the rest of the world. as it must be in one hell of a mess!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:24 am 

Quote:
On that one I will agree with you. I was brought up on the spiel of "British Justice is the best in the World"! All I will say is god help the rest of the world. as it must be in one hell of a mess!

It is..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next