Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:24 pm 

Labour pledges taxi reforms

Labour has given a manifesto promise to reform the taxi and private hire sector as it aims to drive up standards in safety, quality and employment rights.

In its 2017 election manifesto, the party said it would tackle a “rigged system” with reforms aimed at companies such as Uber and address the concerns of black-cab drivers.

The party wants to introduce national standards to “guarantee” safety and accessibility, updating regulations to keep pace with technological changes and “ensure a level playing field between operators”.

John McCallion, CEO of corporate ground transport company Groundscope, told BBT that reform in the sector is “not really required”.

“Groundscope welcome all initiatives to ensure taxis are safe and of a good standard but the introduction of a national standard seems too interventionist, we don’t have this in the hotel industry or restaurant industry.”

He added the industry needs to enforce its own rules and regulations.

“The key issue in the industry is that companies like Uber are getting round the good government legislation by claiming it not applicable to them but this legislation has been developed over time to protect passengers and ensure that they are being driven by someone who has been through a CRB vetting  process and that the driver is fully licensed and insured."

Labour shadow transport secretary Andy McDonald said the current system is complex, outdated and in need of a “proper upgrade”.

“Passengers don’t have a guarantee of safety or quality, drivers are without proper employment rights and operators are competing against one another in a rigged market,” said McDonald.

"The Tories have ignored the fact that taxi and private hire vehicle regulations are out of date and have failed to act,” he added.

Airport capacity

In its manifesto Labour also touched on the long-running issue around airport capacity in the south east. It said it would only guarantee airport expansion if it adheres to the tests around noise and air quality.

https://buyingbusinesstravel.com/news/1 ... re-reforms

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:28 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Indeed I await to see if any others promise anything for our trade but I doubt it

but the question I would now ask is does the proposed act which is what I assume labour are referring to able to deliver a fair and level playing field or do we need much more radical reform to achieve that

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:08 pm 

I asked Gloria De Piero what was going to be done about the rigged system that is ruining our trade? She didn't have a fuckin clue what I was talking about. She's as thick as pig shit that one.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:57 pm 

captain cab wrote:

Labour has given a manifesto promise to reform the taxi and private hire sector as it aims to drive up standards in safety, quality and employment rights.

In its 2017 election manifesto, the party said it would tackle a “rigged system” with reforms aimed at companies such as Uber and address the concerns of black-cab drivers.

The party wants to introduce national standards to “guarantee” safety and accessibility, updating regulations to keep pace with technological changes and “ensure a level playing field between operators”.

John McCallion, CEO of corporate ground transport company Groundscope, told BBT that reform in the sector is “not really required”.

“Groundscope welcome all initiatives to ensure taxis are safe and of a good standard but the introduction of a national standard seems too interventionist, we don’t have this in the hotel industry or restaurant industry.”

“The key issue in the industry is that companies like Uber are getting round the good government legislation by claiming it not applicable to them but this legislation has been developed over time to protect passengers and ensure that they are being driven by someone who has been through a CRB vetting  process and that the driver is fully licensed and insured."

Labour shadow transport secretary Andy McDonald said the current system is complex, outdated and in need of a “proper upgrade”.

“Passengers don’t have a guarantee of safety or quality, drivers are without proper employment rights and operators are competing against one another in a rigged market,” said McDonald.

"The Tories have ignored the fact that taxi and private hire vehicle regulations are out of date and have failed to act,” he added.

Airport capacity

In its manifesto Labour also touched on the long-running issue around airport capacity in the south east. It said it would only guarantee airport expansion if it adheres to the tests around noise and air quality.

Good news i would think theres no doubt the GMB Unite and the RMT will be welcome at the meetings to decide the detail as for the scabs they can fook off :badgrin: :badgrin:

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:06 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
trotskys twin wrote:
captain cab wrote:

Airport capacity

Good news i would think theres no doubt the GMB Unite and the RMT will be welcome at the meetings to decide the detail as for the scabs they can fook off :badgrin: :badgrin:

I was thinking of voting labour based on this being a positive development for the trade but if it is to hijacked by the unions and subverted to their cause at the expense of the trade as a whole then it is a hollow manifesto pledge and one which might set the trade back another hundred years

don't vote labour THE TRADE UNION AGENDA IS THE ONLY ONE THEY WILL LISTEN TO

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:11 am 

edders23 wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:
captain cab wrote:

Airport capacity

I was thinking of voting labour based on this being a positive development for the trade but if it is to hijacked by the unions and subverted to their cause at the expense of the trade as a whole then it is a hollow manifesto pledge and one which might set the trade back another hundred years

WE OWN THE PARTY IS THE UNIONS WE CREATED THE PARTY IE THE UNIONS .................YES IT WILL FOLLOW THE UNIONS POLICYS BUT OF COURSE THEY CAN BE YOUR POLICIES IF YOU JOIN AND PARTICIPATE UNLESS OF COURSE LIKE EDDERS YER A SCAB :badgrin: :badgrin:

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:21 pm 

Quote:

I wasn't going to, I'll leave that for TT and his other half baked marxist idealogist mates.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:13 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
Quote:

I wasn't going to, I'll leave that for TT and his other half baked marxist idealogist mates.

NEVER A MARXIST JAMES CONNOLY IS MY MAN TO FOLLOW :D

BLOODKNOCK UNIONS REPRESENT THE ORGANISED VOICE OF WORKERS SOMETHING CAB DRIVERS IN PARTICULAR COULD OF COURSE BENEFIT FROM, WHATS WRONG WITH THAT ?

VOTE LABOUR JOIN A UNION INFLUENCE AND VOTE ON TAXI REFORMS

OR VOTE TORY BE A SCAB CARRY ON AS NOW EARN ZILCH GET ASSAULTED SWINDLED ABUSED :D BOTTOM THE LEAGUE IN EVERY RESPECT

IF YOU HAVE A FIGHT YOU MIGHT LOSE IF YOU DONT HAVE A FIGHT YOU HAVE ALREADY LOST

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE