Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sturgeongate
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:50 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
So squeaky bum time for the SNP but will Ms S be able to tough it out or will she have to go ?

I reckon she'll tough it out and cling to power no danger of her ever losing an election as you could stick an SNP badge to a monkey and get it elected in Clansland.

No matter how embarrassing this proves to be she will still lead her party into the next election I predict

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

Post subject: Re: Sturgeongate
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:16 pm 

edders23 wrote:
So squeaky bum time for the SNP but will Ms S be able to tough it out or will she have to go ?

I reckon she'll tough it out and cling to power no danger of her ever losing an election as you could stick an SNP badge to a monkey and get it elected in Clansland.

No matter how embarrassing this proves to be she will still lead her party into the next election I predict

She's like teflon as nowt ever sticks...yet she's been making up porkies for years over what she knew or did with regards Salmond.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:55 pm 

She's toast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:05 am 

I see theres another couple of SNP MP sexual harrassment cases in the brewing at westminster.

They are not setting much of an example at the moment.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/snp-worker-accuses-two-mps-23625660

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:26 am 

bloodnock wrote:
I see theres another couple of SNP MP sexual harrassment cases in the brewing at westminster.

The mind boggles :shock:

Especially the allegation about the female MP sexually harrassing the young male. That's not meant to happen at all. Wonder who that would be?

The Scottish Sun wrote:
In a second alleged incident, in January 2020, the man said a female SNP MP "kept grabbing my hand" and saying she wanted to "s**g" him while she was drunk in the Strangers bar in the Commons.

He said the woman propositioned him multiple times and had to be taken away by colleagues.

The man - who still works for the SNP Westminster group, but has quit the party - said he reported the two incidents to SNP HQ last month because of a development in the female MP's career, which made him think the matters should be raised.

Another report suggests she's recently been promoted, so presumably something to do with the reshuffle a few weeks ago. So this page might provide some clues, but I don't think it would be wise to suggest any specific names :-#

https://www.snp.org/the-real-opposition ... ench-team/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:15 pm 

If you think Sturgeon genuinely didn't cover up the Alex Salmond allegations for years, then this is perhaps instructive. Salmond's reputation was apparently an open secret in Scottish politics for years, but Nicola Sturgeon claims she hadn't heard a thing.

Of course, it was all covered up because it was 'totes awkward', kind of thing, as this latest episode surely demonstrates.

SNP 'protected' chief whip Patrick Grady over grope allegations

https://archive.is/nWbgD

A SENIOR SNP MP accused of sexual harassment was not fully investigated by the party despite multiple reports raising concerns about his behaviour.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:23 pm 

The SNP wanted a new Hands on approach to politics but quite a few of them have taken it to far.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:38 am 

Indeed, and they're very touchy about all that kind of thing 8-[

Here's another example from a couple of years ago. Kenny Gibson, an MSP at Holyrood, jetted off to a £10,000 holiday in Costa Rica with a married party aide. Then a few weeks later jetted off with his wife. The aide was reported to be have 'flipped' when she heard.

His wife Patricia Gibson (centre) is currently an MP at Westminster.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:55 pm 

I see what you mean she has quite a smile on her face and you can't see where Nicola Sturgeons other hand is !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:19 am 

It's all to Cosy within the SNP, they are husband and wife, one an MP the other an MSP...theres also Sturgeon an SNP MSP and first Minister and her man Peter Murrel who is the Chief Executive Officer of the Scottish National Party and on a salary of around a £100,000 plus.

They can all cosy up and milk the system when the likes of me has to fight for Scottish government funding to help pay a family member to assist my disabled offspring because it may appear employing a family member is a bit suss.

It's so us and them that it makes me sick.

At least In England you have one set of parliamentarians to deal with...up here it's two, and they are worse still.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:06 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
They can all cosy up and milk the system when the likes of me has to fight for Scottish government funding to help pay a family member to assist my disabled offspring because it may appear employing a family member is a bit suss.

And ironically Kenny Gibson employed his wife at taxpayers' expense in some sort of invented job before she got on the MP gravy train. (See highlighted section below.)

Kenny Gibson's Wikipedia page suggests he's got quite a colourful history :roll:

Quote:
In March 1993, when Gibson was a Councillor for Mosspark a warrant for his arrest was issued following his failure to appear for trial in connection with an alleged offence under the Representation of the People Act.

In February 2000, The Sunday Mail reported allegations from a disabled SNP member, Gill Strachan, that Kenneth Gibson had pushed and abused her during the SNP Conference in Inverness in October 1999. Strachan subsequently resigned from the SNP, accusing the Party of mounting a cover-up of the incident.

In 2009, Kenneth Gibson was criticised by other MSPs for writing to North Ayrshire Council in support of a planning application for 24 houses made by a friend, Billy Maclaren, while failing to disclose either the friendship or his financial relationships with Maclaren.

Gibson was identified as one of 12 Holyrood politicians employing a close family member in 2013, but declined to provide information on the salary, work hours, or whether the job had been advertised. His wife, Patricia Gibson was employed as a policy adviser. Employing family members was declared bad practice in 2010 and outlawed in 2015.

In March 2017, Holyrood's Standards Committee admonished Gibson for failure to make an oral declaration of a registered financial interest. The Commissioner for Ethical Standards in Public Life in Scotland submitted a report to the Procurator Fiscal. However, the alleged offence was "time barred from criminal proceedings." Political opponents called for his suspension from the SNP.

The [edited by admin] North Constituency Association issued "an urgent call" for members to come forward to challenge Gibson to be the SNP representative for the area in the 2021 Scottish Parliament election campaign. In October 2020, it was reported that Gibson would face a reselection challenge for the [edited by admin] North Seat.

On 14 October it was reported that 2 SNP party officials resigned in protest, with allegations that Gibson had been 'aggressive and abrasive' bullying, 'especially of women'. The article quoted [edited by admin] North Constituency Organiser Dr Malcolm Kerr as saying "the allegations against Mr Gibson include bullying, harassment and abuses of parliamentary expenses rules." Shortly after this, the SNP suspended the selection procedure in [edited by admin] North in response to these allegations.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:07 pm 

To be fair to Patricia Gibson, she's good value for taxpayers' money:

North Ayrshire and Arran MP lodges highest expense claim in Scotland

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/loca ... es-6992936

The SNP's Patricia Gibson was elected to Westminster in May and has claimed back £35,349.85 in her first three months in the position.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:33 pm 

Anyway, getting back to the drunken female MP who sexually harassed the teenager, her name's all over Twitter etc, but better not name any names here, because she's threatening legal action for anyone naming her:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:13 pm 

But as I'm sure you know most politicians wear Teflon suits so no matter how much sh*t you throw at them it is very hard to make it stick !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:56 pm 

Scotland has a parliament so WTF do we have Scottish MP's sitting at Westminster?