Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: PMQ’s
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:35 pm 

Just been told how wonderful I am by Boris Johnson during Prime ministers questions. Thank you prime minister. And not before tine either!

Post subject: Re: PMQ’s
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:59 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
jimbo wrote:
Just been told how wonderful I am by Boris Johnson during Prime ministers questions. Thank you prime minister. And not before tine either!

now you shoving a garden fork up his jaxi and making him say that would have been more entertaining !

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:57 pm 

edders23 wrote:
jimbo wrote:

now you shoving a garden fork up his jaxi and making him say that would have been more entertaining !

I don’t know why you have issues with Boris, he’s the best prime minister money can buy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:04 pm 

Can you just imagine having Sir Keir as PM?

I think the time for boring c***s to be PM have long gone.

If, or when, Boris goes it will be Priti or Moggy to replace him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:15 am 

I watched it. kier Starmer asking Boris who paid for the refurbishments. Boris replying "I did". Starmer asking who paid in the first place. Boris answering "I did". Starmer saying why wont the Prime Minister answer the question. Starmer asking if Boris said let the bodies pile high. Boris answers "No". Almost every question yesterday was about one of these 2 subjects. What a waste of a PMQ session.
I think that someone has been very clever with this. I think the Flatgate thing is a complete set up and Labour have fallen for it. Boris used every opportunity to talk about the upcoming elections and Labour didn't mention it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:01 am 

grandad wrote:
I watched it. kier Starmer asking Boris who paid for the refurbishments. Boris replying "I did". Starmer asking who paid in the first place. Boris answering "I did". Starmer saying why wont the Prime Minister answer the question. Starmer asking if Boris said let the bodies pile high. Boris answers "No". Almost every question yesterday was about one of these 2 subjects. What a waste of a PMQ session.
I think that someone has been very clever with this. I think the Flatgate thing is a complete set up and Labour have fallen for it. Boris used every opportunity to talk about the upcoming elections and Labour didn't mention it.

Aye, The Labour partry mud slingers are living in a political vaccuum, they have been starved of political oxygen and have nothing constructive to say.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:26 am 

bloodnock wrote:
grandad wrote:

Aye, The Labour partry mud slingers are living in a political vaccuum, they have been starved of political oxygen and have nothing constructive to say.

I don't normally like Naga Munchety but this morning she asked Lisa Nandy why labour were constantly on about these things when there is an election next week. She was given the reply that this is important.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:51 pm 

grandad wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
grandad wrote:

I don't normally like Naga Munchety but this morning she asked Lisa Nandy why labour were constantly on about these things when there is an election next week. She was given the reply that this is important.

I'm sure there are many,many more important Post Brexit and Mid Pandemic issues that labour could raise other than who paid for the PM's Flock wallpaper.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:26 pm 

Quote:
She was given the reply that this is important.

Important to whom?

As the tax payer didn't pay for it I couldn't give a dam who did.

If Labour are implying some rich tory donor paid for it and now has Boris in his pocket, then FFS say so.

Then Boris could reply by asking who funds Labour?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:37 am 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:
She was given the reply that this is important.

Important to whom?

As the tax payer didn't pay for it I couldn't give a dam who did.

If Labour are implying some rich tory donor paid for it and now has Boris in his pocket, then FFS say so.

Then Boris could reply by asking who funds Labour?

I think it is more to do with disclosure. If a politician receives money or gifts over a certain amount then it must be declared. labour are saying that the money came from a donation or loan that has not been declared. The problem with this argument is that there is a timescale in which such donations or loans must be declared and as far as I can tell this time limit has not yet passed so even if someone else paid for the stuff and it is declared within the time limit then it is all above board. But when Boris discloses all the details, which he has to do within the specified time it may well turn out that he paid himself and the whole thing is a red herring. At least it is keeping all the oposition groups busy while Boris gets on with normal work and election work.