Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is she delusional ?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:22 pm 

She (the SNP) does not have an overall majority in the Jockistan parliament 64 : 65

Quote:
Scottish National Party – 64 MSPs
Scottish Conservative & Unionist Party – 31 MSP
Scottish Labour – 22 MSPs
Scottish Green Party – 7 MSPs
Scottish Liberal Democrats – 4 MSPs
No Party Affiliation – 1 MSP

Quote:
How did Scotland vote on independence?
The referendum question was, "Should Scotland be an independent country?", which voters answered with "Yes" or "No".
The "No" side won with 2,001,926 (55.3%) voting against independence
1,617,989 (44.7%) voting in favour.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:38 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Quote:
(Google de facto referendum)
thank you but I did pass my latin O Level !

I never doubted your ability in Latin 8-[ , it was that you said she'd merely 'hinted' at the de facto referendum when in fact that had been the, er, de facto policy for some time :lol:

As for your assessment, there's plenty on the wilder fringes of Scottish nationalism who would push the nuclear button (figuratively speaking).

But I don't think even Nicola is that daft. Even if there was a majority in the de facto referendum (however that would be measured), I don't think she'd regard it as a green light for a Unilateral Declaration of Independence. It would be more about forcing Westminster's hand in allowing a genuine referendum, I suspect. UDI in any shape or form would make Scotland an international pariah in many ways and, for example, make any future EU membership very difficult.

Personally, I can't really see the de facto referendum happening, or if it does it'll be regarded as something of a joke by everyone apart from SNP zealots. And in fact the real nationalist zealots think Nicola and the de facto referendum are a bit of a joke even now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:56 pm 

Wanna wrote:
She (the SNP) does not have an overall majority in the Jockistan parliament 64 : 65

But at Westminster they have 48 out of 59 seats, which is why they want to use a UK general election vote rather than a Holyrood one (in 2015 they got all but three of the 59 Scottish seats at Westminster :-o )

Of course, referendums are all about votes rather than seats, and I don't think even the SNP would have the brass neck to claim a majority of the seats would be any kind of mandate for independence.

But they generally don't get 50% of the vote, and even with the other indy-supporting parties, they'd be very lucky to get a majority of the votes.

And in the unlikely event they did get a majority, it would be very tight, very probably in the low-50 per cent range.

So a general election vote in the low 50-per cent range at best would hardly be a ringing endorsement for indy.

It would keep the pot boiling, no doubt about that, but it won't directly lead to independence [-(

(Even when they got 56 out of the 50 Westminster seats in 2015, they got 49.97 per cent of the votes :-o )

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:02 pm 

Quote:
A civil war would be unthinkable but it could happen if she goes ahead

That would never happen, too much interbreeding between us for that to happen. :D

If the Scots ever get a vote and vote to leave, I would wish them all well.

But it won't be for a while and I'm not convinced they would say farewell.

The status quo is where I think we will stay. :-D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:35 pm 

edders23 wrote:
So now she has hinted that she would regard an SNP victory in Scotland in a general election as a mandate :roll:

Her plan is flawed as her numbers dont add up, she could technically win a stonking majority off of just over 35% of the Scottish votes, the other two main pro union parties could lose most of their seats even though they got 65% of scotlands votes between them.

There is no way she could claim a Defacto Referendum victory with so few voters behind her.....so yes, she is very delusional.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:11 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
bloodnock wrote:
edders23 wrote:
So now she has hinted that she would regard an SNP victory in Scotland in a general election as a mandate :roll:

Her plan is flawed as her numbers dont add up, she could technically win a stonking majority off of just over 35% of the Scottish votes, the other two main pro union parties could lose most of their seats even though they got 65% of scotlands votes between them.

There is no way she could claim a Defacto Referendum victory with so few voters behind her.....so yes, she is very delusional.

well the latest opinion polls have her support dwindling with labour on the up the tories declining the lib dems wiped out and reform uk making the running. An election now might see her lose a few seats

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:43 pm 

edders23 wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
edders23 wrote:

well the latest opinion polls have her support dwindling with labour on the up the tories declining the lib dems wiped out and reform uk making the running. An election now might see her lose a few seats

I hope your right....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:44 pm 

Well, at least she has sorted the age limit from 18 to 16 for those wishing to change gender.

Thank f*** there is nothing else wrong with the world to worry about.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:03 am 

More trouble for Nicola after all her recent travails about introducing a third gender into Scottish law - 'man', 'woman' and 'rapist' :-o

So police have arrested a person in relation to the disappearance of an 11-year-old girl (who's been found unharmed, it seems). But he's a former male now identifying as a woman, apparently 8-[

But Police Scotland are referring to him as a 'man', and using his 'deadname' (ie his old male name), which goes totally against Nicola Sturgeon's position on gender.

But I suspect Police Scotland have realised that in the current climate they're going to look ridiculous referring to the suspect arrested in relation to the disappearance of an 11-year-old girl as a 'woman', when the person presumably still has a cock and two balls :shock:

But more trouble for Nicola. This in the Telegraph:

(It's maybe not as bad as it sounds, because he's not a 'transgender butcher' in the sense of dismembering someone, but in the sense that he/she is in business dealing in beef and sausages. Actually, maybe beef and sausages isn't the best reference in this context either :lol: )

Scottish police defy Nicola Sturgeon over trans self-ID law

Police Scotland referred to a transgender butcher arrested in connection with the disappearance of an 11-year-old girl as a man

Scottish police have defied Nicola Sturgeon’s sex self-ID drive by referring to a transgender butcher arrested in connection with the disappearance of an 11-year-old girl as a man.

Andrew George Miller, known locally as Amy, was taken into police custody on Monday night after the 11-year-old girl who disappeared on Sunday, was found “safe and well” at a home in Gattonside near Galashiels after being missing for more than a day.

Police confirmed yesterday that a “53-year-old man”, understood to be Miller, had been arrested in connection with the disappearance, which caused grave concerns for the child’s welfare and led to a desperate search and rescue mission being launched.

Miller transitioned around six years ago when he changed his name to Amy and began dressing as a female, locals in the Scottish Borders said.

The decision by police to refer to the suspect as a man comes despite Ms Sturgeon’s push to change the law so that those who self-identify as a particular gender in Scotland can easily gain legal recognition in that gender.

The First Minister is embroiled in a political crisis over the unrelated case of Isla Bryson, a transgender rapist who was initially placed in a female jail, under a prison policy that follows the same principles as her self-ID law.

Ms Sturgeon has refused to state whether she believes Bryson is either a male or female. Under questioning, Ms Sturgeon has used female pronouns to refer to Bryson.

A poll has found only a third of Scots oppose the UK Government’s decision to veto the gender reforms.

The Ipsos survey found 50 per cent backed the Scottish Secretary’s move to block the Gender Recognition Reform Bill, compared to only 33 per cent who opposed it. The remaining 17 per cent did not know or did not want to say.

In a major blow to Ms Sturgeon, even 31 per cent of SNP voters said the UK Government should have blocked the legislation.

Publicly supported Ms Sturgeon

Miller maintains social media profiles as both Andrew Miller and “Amy George”. He publicly supported Ms Sturgeon’s push to make it easier for Scots to change their legal sex. After the plans were blocked by the UK Government, he warned that Westminster should “never mess with Scottish transgender issues”.

In contrast to the approach taken by the Scottish courts and Ms Sturgeon to Bryson, previously known as Adam Graham, Police Scotland yesterday used male pronouns to describe Miller.

The approach also clashes with the views of trans activists who insist it is discriminatory to refer to trans women as male.

Ms Sturgeon has repeatedly insisted that allowing male-bodied people to become legally female simply by signing a declaration poses no risk to women and girls, or single sex spaces.

However, the claims have been undermined by the case of Bryson, who Ms Sturgeon has acknowledged may be faking their trans identity.

Four days after the UK Government announced it was blocking Ms Sturgeon’s Bill, due to fears the provisions would put women and girls in danger, Miller wrote on Facebook: “But the Transgender Policy. How can Westminster decide what we have decided?” He added: “When we decide in Scotland.. It works for us in Scotland.. Simple as that.”

In another post last month, they said: “Silly Billys in Westminster... Never mess with Scottish Transgender Issues.”

Miller was a butcher in Melrose until the start of the year, when he announced that the shop, Millers of Melrose, would not be reopening after “four generations and nearly 200 years in the trade”.

He had become a well-known figure in the rural community. “Transgender butchers in the Borders are not exactly common,” one customer said.

‘Andy changed his name’

“They couldn’t exactly deny it, but it isn’t a crime so people generally just accepted it.”

Another said: “It was about six years ago that Andy changed his name and started dressing and styling his hair as a female. There was shock amongst the shopkeepers when the transition happened.”

Police said on Monday that they were “very concerned” about the welfare of the girl, who went missing on Sunday after last being seen in Galashiels town centre.

Locals joined in a desperate search for the missing child, before police confirmed she had been found on Monday night and reunited with her family. The hunt involved searching rivers and involved a helicopter and mountain rescue teams.

Police then locked down a quiet cul-de-sac in Gattonside, around a 10 minute, three mile drive from where the child had last been seen.

“The police turned up last night,” a neighbour told the Scottish Sun on Tuesday. “We were told it was something to do with the missing girl but I didn’t see anyone coming or going.

“It’s very worrying to have this here, especially as a father of two young kids myself.”

As “Amy George”, the suspect posted in January 2020 that they were a “single woman, only interested in single women”.

‘I am Amy G Miller’

He regularly posted social media updates about running the butchers business which he described as a “proper butcher shop for four generations”.

He wrote in March 2020: “I’ve been butchering for 50 years personally now. 22 in Jedburgh, 28 in Melrose. I have won many awards in butchery and in cuisine cooking skills. I am Amy G Miller.”

As Andrew Miller, they wrote on Jan 3: “Many Thanks for all your wonderful wishes. The Shop in Melrose will Not be opening again as a Butchers Shop. 4 Generations and nearly 200 years in the trade is enough.”

A Police Scotland spokesman said: “A 53-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the disappearance of an 11-year-old girl from Galashiels, who was reported missing on Sunday, 5 February.

“The girl was traced at a property in the Galashiels area around 9.30pm on Monday, 6 February. Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.”

The force refused to say why it had referred to the suspect as a man.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:19 am 

The Record's take on the story above. And another nail in Nicola's coffin :-o

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:33 am 

Her day's as SNP leader are numbered and she knows it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:14 pm 

Veteran Telegraph commentator Alan Cochrane certainly seems to think so, Bloodnock. On the other hand, even if a Holyrood election was held today, she'd wipe the floor with the opposition. But, of course, her star is definitely on the wane, and almost zero chance of Indyref2 under her leadership, but it may be a long-drawn out process until she finally goes.

But hopefully she'll suddenly just decide to throw in the towel =D>

Police Scotland make an arresting case for leader misalignment

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... alignment/

The main body responsible for upholding Scottish government’s laws is in direct defiance over transgender rapist

Could the bizarre case of a transgender butcher in the Scottish Borders, who dresses as a woman and who uses the name of Amy, but whom the police describe as a man, be the final straw in Nicola Sturgeon’s leadership?

The former butcher, who traded in Melrose under the name of Andrew Miller, has been arrested in connection with the disappearance of an 11-year-old girl and - in defiance of Sturgeon’s law, which decrees that a transwoman is a woman - Police Scotland say is a man.

Personally, I can’t think of anything more significant in delivering a body blow to Sturgeon’s appalling handling of the trans issue - surely one of the most sensitive issues any parliament has ever had to deal with.

Scotland’s national police force, the main body responsible for maintaining law and order and for ensuring that the Scottish government’s writ runs throughout the country, is now openly defying the head of that government.

The Scottish people don’t like her bill to allow people as young as 16 to change their gender, virtually at will.

They were appalled when a double rapist was sent to an all-woman prison and they’ve been horrified by both their First Minister and one of her senior ministers saying that the rapist is actually a woman.

How much longer can this go on?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:00 pm 

Quote:
More trouble for Nicola after all her recent travails about introducing a third gender into Scottish law - 'man', 'woman' and 'rapist' :-o

I must admit I do find it interesting (but for the issue at hand, I would say funny) the way this issue is tying her up in knots.

Just seen a Ricky Gervaise Tik Tok, which was funny, about the woke brigade trawling people's social media in an attempt to cancel them. He says god forbid anyone who ten years ago wrote 'women don't have penises'. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:39 pm 

Anyone see that coming?

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:49 pm 

SHE HAS RESIGNED!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next