Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:30 am 

MR T wrote:
Elligibale for what, To drive a hackney carriage?No. to be issued a free licence

A driving license is not required to obtain a hackney carriage vehicle license. You only need a license to drive one?

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:35 am 

And does it not say that the council may place any condition that it considers reasonable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:38 am 

MR T wrote:
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:29 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway the TPI report is in and as previously stated the council will only issue one plate, however the conditions for this one plate are:

must have had HC badge for five years

never had any problems with the police

and no problems with the council

you all have up until the 28th Feb to apply for the most expensive plate in the UK if you meet the req
regards

That is Oxfords criteria for issuing one license, Oxford is a restricted authority. If someone wishes to challenge the criteria then I would think they might well be successful. There is thread already open on the merits of certain criteria?

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:42 am 

Come on JD. you and I both know that at Manchester licences have been issued , and the reason that the plate value is still so high is because people who have just enter the trade do not want to wait to become eligible, so they jumped the queue :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:45 am 

JD wrote:
MR T wrote:
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:29 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway the TPI report is in and as previously stated the council will only issue one plate, however the conditions for this one plate are:

must have had HC badge for five years

never had any problems with the police

and no problems with the council

you all have up until the 28th Feb to apply for the most expensive plate in the UK if you meet the req
regards

That is Oxfords criteria for issuing one license, Oxford is a restricted authority. If someone wishes to challenge the criteria then I would think they might well be successful. There is thread already open on the merits of certain criteria?

Regards

JD

I am not a betting man, but if anybody ever decides to have a bet, I will certainly have a go. my money's on the council...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:49 am 

MR T wrote:
And does it not say that the council may place any condition that it considers reasonable

You are interchanging from actual conditions of license, to criteria for who shall be allocated a license? Such criteria only applies in those authorities that restrict numbers. In unrestricted authorities restricted allocation does not apply.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:55 am 

MR T wrote:

I am not a betting man, but if anybody ever decides to have a bet, I will certainly have a go. my money's on the council...

I suppose if you think that a court would agree with Oxfords criteria that they can exclude the whole of the United kingdom and Europe from applying for a license, excepting for those handful of persons that have held an Oxford Taxi driver badge for 5 years, then you could be right?

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:58 am 

You mean like saying you can only have a Licence If you put it on to a WAV :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:05 am 

MR T wrote:
You mean like saying you can only have a Licence If you put it on to a WAV :wink:

Wav is condition of license it has nothing whatsoever to do with the "criteria" for allocating a license?

There is a difference between the allocation of a vehicle license and the physical attribute of actually licensing a vehicle. You already know that and I have also pointed it out to you, so we can either concentrate on criteria of Allocation or we can concentrate on conditions of license but the two do not go hand in hand? lol

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:16 am 

They only don't go hand in hand if a council does not already have a criteria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:12 am 

Sussex wrote:
jimbo wrote:
MR T wrote:
How much is the plate value in Birmingham ??? You seemed to have missed it out. :wink:

Just a stab in the dark, Mr T, but I'll guess at £45,000

I would imagine that you could buy all the Birmingham plates £45,000.

As the lads would go down the council and get another one for £0,000. :wink:

It's a Northern thing Sussex. Called sarcasm.