Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 51  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:38 am 

grumpy wrote:
I see there's no update for today's reading. Do they work back-shift at the big house?

Those that are still awake or dead do :wink:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:28 pm 

that's the reading done. next stage not scheduled as yet.

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/200 ... ality.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:27 pm 

grumpy wrote:

I watched about 5 Minutes of the BBC coverage of the House of Lords Dissussing or reading the equality bill on telly this Morning, there was no more than a Dozen Lords in the entire Chamber....Makes me wonder just how seriously this Parliament takes these things even though it Impacts Millions of lives..

Later On I watched a few Minute of "the House Of Commons Live"...again less than a Dozen Ministers in the house during a reading of some other Bill or other.

What the fech are we paying all these Politicians and lords to actullay be doing if the vast majority of em cant be arsed to attend the Two houses that represent us??

Money for old.... :x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:57 am 

Please pay attention to section 161(2). I believe this now de-limits the whole country. Can somebody with an admin account pm me. I have a PDF doc which needs posting in support of this statement.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 8-104.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:31 am 

bloodnock wrote:
grumpy wrote:

I watched about 5 Minutes of the BBC coverage of the House of Lords Dissussing or reading the equality bill on telly this Morning, there was no more than a Dozen Lords in the entire Chamber....Makes me wonder just how seriously this Parliament takes these things even though it Impacts Millions of lives..

Later On I watched a few Minute of "the House Of Commons Live"...again less than a Dozen Ministers in the house during a reading of some other Bill or other.

What the fech are we paying all these Politicians and lords to actullay be doing if the vast majority of em cant be arsed to attend the Two houses that represent us??

Money for old.... :x

Apart from the "big" debates, the only people in the house are usually the MP who have the responsibility for that area or an MP with a particular question. Most MPs are at their desks in their offices doing their everyday work. They will hear a bell ring when it is time to vote on something and then they will file into the rooms to register their votes, usually along party lines so they do not actually need to hear the debate.
Also don't forget that some MPs make an arrangement wherby say a conservative MP and a labour MP both agree not to take part in a vote because they have business elsewhere. This means that because neither vote the result doesn't change.
Lets face it if all MPs actually attended all debates there would be no time left to actually do any work.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:19 pm 

tom2907 wrote:
Can somebody with an admin account pm me. I have a PDF doc which needs posting in support of this statement.

Mr tom2907 has asked for these two Power point presentations to be put up on TDO.

DfT presentation

Institute of Licensing presentation

Only two pleased to help.

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:45 pm 

Alex wrote:
tom2907 wrote:
Can somebody with an admin account pm me. I have a PDF doc which needs posting in support of this statement.

Mr tom2907 has asked for these two Power point presentations to be put up on TDO.

DfT presentation

Institute of Licensing presentation

Only two pleased to help.

Alex

Bullsh*t baffles brains.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:40 am 

Will be needing a licence to fart soon, just another scam to suck yet more from the trade than they all ready do.....
Ex plod with b****r all else to do.... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:41 pm 

Quote:
Two types of taxi – hackney carriage and private hire, but the public don’t really know or care

If they Dont know or care then to the Public it is not an issue..

I think the only folk that care is the IOL who are trying to weasel their way into government favour just to perpetuate their own vested interests and create a few Quango jobs for themselves and their henchmen.

The present System works, it could be better policed but it works...its not perfect but then again what ever they suggest replaces it will work no better, it'll just spew out more needless regualtion at more cost to the Hack and PH trades...

Just give it a rest IOL...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:45 pm 

3rd reading on the 23rd of this month. Still powering it through the process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:31 pm 

grumpy wrote:
3rd reading on the 23rd of this month. Still powering it through the process.

Next time a certain Woman MP has an accident whilst Driving and using her mobile...i hope its something Harder than another car she hits.. :?

This babys all hers..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:52 pm 

It would appear that the amendment will go through the house without too much opposition, and should be law by the election.

Once enacted the DfT will consult of the taxi/PH bit, and by the end of the year the % of WAVs required per restricting council will be announced.

My betting is 60% WAV, 40% saloon. But my preferred option is 100% WAV, 0% saloon. :-$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:19 pm 

Sussex wrote:
It would appear that the amendment will go through the house without too much opposition, and should be law by the election.

Once enacted the DfT will consult of the taxi/PH bit, and by the end of the year the % of WAVs required per restricting council will be announced.

My betting is 60% WAV, 40% saloon. But my preferred option is 100% WAV, 0% saloon. :-$

Logical solution is 100% wav's..... I believe all buses will have to have 100% accessibility or not? Latest wav's on the market are far more easily entered/exited than most older models..... Plenty of choice..... Phone a PH for saloon if prefered, can't see any real excuse for the Hackney saloon fraternity..... We'll see..... :-|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:16 am 

Sussex wrote:

It's a pity those presence didn't have the gut's to stand up for their members.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:20 am 

towag wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Logical solution is 100% wav's..... I believe all buses will have to have 100% accessibility or not? Latest wav's on the market are far more easily entered/exited than most older models..... Plenty of choice..... Phone a PH for saloon if prefered, can't see any real excuse for the Hackney saloon fraternity..... We'll see..... :-|
Once this Act is passed .... and bearing in mind... the Liverpool judgment..... you can say goodbye to your 100 per cent WAV fleet....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 51  Next