Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 51  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:06 pm 

toots wrote:
I don't think that's very equal do you? Why over 60?

The question must be asked why not?

If you prefer 70, then ok, if you prefer no opt-out then you are being right mean and grumpy. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:10 pm 

Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:

If you prefer 70, then ok, if you prefer no opt-out then you are being right mean and grumpy. :wink:

As age discrimination is part of this act, it would seem a bit odd putting in a blatent piece of ageism surely? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:14 pm 

gusmac wrote:
As age discrimination is part of this act, it would seem a bit odd putting in a blatent piece of ageism surely? :lol:

If age legislation worked in the way you imply then we wouldn't have free bus passes, or free TV licenses, or cheaper tickets for events etc etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:15 pm 

towag wrote:
CC That was tried here, but the councils response was if the driver of a wav is unable to carry out his duties (IE back problems) and applies for a medical exemption, or to go saloon, it is rejected and given the choice of converting/reverting to a PH licence.

I never said anything :shock:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:18 pm 

Sussex wrote:
gusmac wrote:

If age legislation worked in the way you imply then we wouldn't have free bus passes, or free TV licenses, or cheaper tickets for events etc etc.

The country's skint...don't give them ideas :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:21 pm 

gusmac wrote:
The country's skint...don't give them ideas :lol: :lol: :lol:

Indeed, best you lot get some more of that English oil out of the North Sea for us. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:06 pm 

captain cab wrote:
towag wrote:
CC That was tried here, but the councils response was if the driver of a wav is unable to carry out his duties (IE back problems) and applies for a medical exemption, or to go saloon, it is rejected and given the choice of converting/reverting to a PH licence.

I never said anything :shock:

CC
My mistake? ..... apologies... :-|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:21 pm 

gusmac wrote:
Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:

Odd maybe but it wouldn't surprise me :lol: Anyway nobody should be working at the age of 70 when does one start to retire :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:02 pm 

towag wrote:
Quote:
Which is why the rep from the NPHA suggested drivers over 60, and those with a medical exemption, be allowed to license a saloon if they wish to.

Mr T does bring up some very valid argument where LA's are concerned in that most are belligerent towards the trade....
Winchester has adopted fairly tight quality control. Licensing itself actually does have sympathy where numbers are concerned but is tied by council policy. The tighter hoops have slowed applications, but it still remains to be seen whether recessional pressures will bring in more foolhardy people.... The new drivers tell us that licensing advised that things are very tough and whether or not it would be a good decision, but that didn't dissuade them. Now they are realising their desperation may be their undoing.... I'm sympathetic, but at the same time feel they have brought it upon themselves..... :-|
Personally I think it will most likely stay as it is now so lobbying councillors is most likely to be a waste of time.... :-|
Just point the driver in question towards the disabled lobby and then have them fight his case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 pm 

I'm afraid he disappeared from the trade, think he went PH for a while, disappeared again for some time and now see him ferrying about old folk in an old Mondeo.... No plate attached, unless he is doing hospital transport runs? I've noticed, but I don't think anybody else has twigged it yet.... But then again you do what you have to do to survive.... Best of luck to him... :-|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:56 pm 

towag wrote:
I'm afraid he disappeared from the trade, think he went PH for a while, disappeared again for some time and now see him ferrying about old folk in an old Mondeo.... No plate attached, unless he is doing hospital transport runs? I've noticed, but I don't think anybody else has twigged it yet.... But then again you do what you have to do to survive.... Best of luck to him... :-|

who did??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:06 pm 

Bloodnock wrote

Quote:
Just point the driver in question towards the disabled lobby and then have them fight his case

Him

Post subject: if you
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:40 pm 

If you go to chorley passingers warlk pass the E7 & TX and get into Saloons will not get into them only for the few. jet the council at the last survey issued plates for 7 P/B vehicles.

and some of us dont get the chance to stand up and say somthing only at local level to may frightened of upseting.

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:52 pm 

Love the website, Charles! :wink:

Post subject: oh
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:54 pm 

cabbyman wrote:
Love the website, Charles! :wink:

i dont wast of time.

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 51  Next