Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 51  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:37 pm 

jimbo wrote:
cabbyman wrote:
Source?

brown, please....

Go and find the Nile!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:01 pm 

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 2376000529

We now go to ping pong (the bill is passed back and forth between commons and Lords to agree amendments). Royal ascent can be Midnight of that day. Ping pong day has yet to be anounced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:55 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
surely the election will be announced before then

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:48 pm 

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/200 ... ality.html

Ping pong day anounced, the day the election is called, further amendments have been made, they are to be discussed on that day. What a day to bury bad news.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:54 pm 

tom2907 wrote:
http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2009-10/equality.html

Ping pong day anounced, the day the election is called, further amendments have been made, they are to be discussed on that day. What a day to bury bad news.

Id rather they buried Harriet Harperson..... :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:04 pm 

tom2907 wrote:
What a day to bury bad news.

Not all of us believe it's bad news, in fact I haven't read a single article/story in the trade press slagging it off.

But maybe they haven't realised yet. :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:43 pm 

Sussex wrote:
tom2907 wrote:
What a day to bury bad news.

Not all of us believe it's bad news, in fact I haven't read a single article/story in the trade press slagging it off.

But maybe they haven't realised yet. :roll: :roll:

Probably the latter... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:44 pm 

I have had conversations with two of the major survey companies just recently and I asked them what their opinion was of the Department for Transport's plan to use three areas to trial their idea of percentages.................. strangely enough they said it would be impossible to formulate a percentage across the country by using this method.... so if it ends up with no percentage of the fleet being required.... you will simply have a Act that will State.... councils will not be able to refuse a licence to Anyone that provides a wheelchair accessible vehicle...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:37 am 

MR T wrote:
I have had conversations with two of the major survey companies just recently and I asked them what their opinion was of the Department for Transport's plan to use three areas to trial their idea of percentages.................. strangely enough they said it would be impossible to formulate a percentage across the country by using this method.... so if it ends up with no percentage of the fleet being required.... you will simply have a Act that will State.... councils will not be able to refuse a licence to Anyone that provides a wheelchair accessible vehicle...........

Even if they are already 100% WAV & have a no issue of HCVL policy, because a recent survey has confirmed NSUD?

Surely not?

But if so, then we are all quadruple f*cked!!!

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:53 am 

MR T wrote:

I think the survey companies will say and do anything to keep their noses in the trough.

The DfT said, and you was there, that the same % would apply to all councils that restrict. In the same way the original act said so, although in that case it was 100%.

But even if the survey leeches were right, a restricting council that has 100% of it's fleet WAVs, will still be able to restrict.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:32 am 

Sussex wrote:
But even if the survey leeches were right, a restricting council that has 100% of it's fleet WAVs, will still be able to restrict.

TFFT!!

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:32 pm 

Quote:
But even if the survey leeches were right, a restricting council that has 100% of it's fleet WAVs, will still be able to restrict

How so if they are 100% of a particular type of vehicle, albeit WAV's :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:43 pm 

I seem to remember a few years ago.. that unions and national associations met with the 0FT... they went back to their members telling them that the meetings were just fine... oh did they have egg on their faces when the final report came out..

what people need to Remember is that when the Act is in place it is in place.... and if certain people within the Ministry of Transport changed their minds then the cab trade is well and truly shafted..... we all know that we can trust our Government can't we....

will you look at that.... a flying pig... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:50 pm 

Quote:
will you look at that.... a flying pig... :oops:

Well I hope it's wheelchair accessible and has the appropriate licence :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:56 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
MR T wrote:

Even if they are already 100% WAV & have a no issue of HCVL policy, because a recent survey has confirmed NSUD?

Surely not?

But if so, then we are all quadruple f*cked!!!
The key point to remember is that they want to get the Act passed..... and then put together the exemptions and percentages....... it a bit like building a house and then drawing the plans....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 51  Next