Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:51 pm 

king cabbie wrote:
well theres a rumor going round

When it becomes a fact, let us know.

Regards

JD

Post subject: It IS fact
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:38 pm 

He has purchased 17 metros plus the plated spare plus the guys other business. No-one knows how much he payed for it all, could be 750,000 - 1.5m.

the drivers who are currently renting these cabs had to go to taxifast house to pay their rent, and sit through a presentaion.

They have been given a choice of changing over to taxifast or lose the cab. as far as i am aware, 3 are with plymouth taxis, the rest I think are independant(there may be a couple with textus).

he has given them a month from last friday to make their decision. i have been told that 6 or 7 will start next week, as he blinded them with his "slick presention"

To be honest I can't see them lasting with him, having previously worked for taxifast before I saw the light and changed over my badge.

talking to some of the current taxifast drivers, there seems to be 3 groups, his inner circle of friend who get the cream of the jobs (not seen picking up no-fares on union street when it's busy), the rest of the locally recruited drivers who get all the crap, working 12 hours for 70-80 quid, more fri/sat, and the foreign recruited drivers who are disappointed they are ONLY getting 150 quid aday now.

also if it is SO great working for taxifast why has there been alot of drivers leaving, going to other p/h firms or like me changing codes.

I think most of Central taxis is made up of ex taxifast drivers, most left this year.

BTW a little item that seemed to escape the "hot press" - John Preece found out his 2nd in charge, Alan Johnson, had fleeced approx 100k from the company through the cars they lease to the drivers. The Police were involved but apparently, Preece does not want to persue it, WHY?
is it because he knows too much about his dodgy dealings? enough to ruin him? we can but guess, it doesn't smell right, as he is quick enough to take the council to court at the drop of a hat. :roll:

I feel abit better now

Post subject: Re: It IS fact
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:51 pm 

agga wrote:
He has purchased 17 metros plus the plated spare plus the guys other business. No-one knows how much he payed for it all, could be 750,000 - 1.5m.

I feel abit better now

Well done, very news worthy. Any idea why the press never picked up on this?

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:03 pm 

It seems only the positive gets printed in the press.

I got wind of this from three sources.a fellow hack, someone who works at taxifast house and by no means least, a guy I picked up last week, who has a family connection to AJ. this guys was very forthcoming with what I already knew, but when I pushed him as to what information AJ had, he clammed up, and not in so many words said that if it got out what he knew he would be arrested so fast his feet wouldn't touch the ground.

so it seems there is something, but the two men are cancelling each other out.

Post subject: restricted taxi numbers
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:35 pm 

So youve got big problems with a big proprietor with big bucks.why not use a big UNION with big bucks and BIG political clout?
ORGANISE EDUCATE AGITATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: It IS fact
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:21 pm 

agga wrote:

They have been given a choice of changing over to taxifast or lose the cab.

Some choice that by the way.

and this man is seen as a hero.

God help us all.

B. Lucky :D

TF pi$$ed on his chips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:26 pm 

Sussex wrote:
All that said, if Plymouth do de-limit then you, the 180, and Mr Preece can have as many plates as you want.

Surely that must be a win win for everyone. :roll:

So Plymouth could support an extra 200+ vehicles.

Must be loads of work on the streets down there.

B. Lucky :shock:

TF pi$$ed on his chips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:10 pm 

agga wrote:
It seems only the positive gets printed in the press.

Like I said, it's newsworthy and you deserve credit for bringing it to our attention. If what you say is accurate then I am surprised.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:11 pm 

Hey AGGA.

=D> =D> =D> =D>

#-o

B. Lucky :shock:

TF pi$$ed on his chips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:47 pm 

Plymouth can't support 200+ extra taxis. As with most areas, fri/sat nights people have to wait for a taxi, say between 2-4 in the morning. the rest of the week there are always cabs ranked outside venues.

All the fuss he made over the plates, and until this week, the cab he did get a plate for has been parked outside his office.

There may be a cap of 360 plates, but this does not include those cabs having two drivers, I think most of the owners rent out their cabs to drivers on opposite shifts.

Preece has been after the train station, but although he has 400+ P/H, he still needs 30 WAVs, hence his application for 30 plates, and his recent purchase of 18 cabs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:05 pm 

No wonder Preece gets so many problems and people who dislike him, a friend of mine who sadly works for him had recently been promoted from call handler to senior account sales. The employee asked for a week off and it was granted for them to go on holiday, thus it was booked and paid for. When it came to the time Preece said, i cant let you go due to staff shortages and if you go then you will go back to call handlers job. Obviously said employee still went as they could not afford to lose the money. As we all know Preece the WAN*ER is a man of his word and said employee was put back to the phones. Mr P if you ever do get to read this i hope one day you will get your just dues. What goes around comes around eventually. Money cant buy you respect, this is earnt!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Loads a love from BERTIE !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:12 pm 

agga wrote:
Plymouth can't support 200+ extra taxis. As with most areas, fri/sat nights people have to wait for a taxi, say between 2-4 in the morning. the rest of the week there are always cabs ranked outside venues.

But it has supported 100s more PH. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:16 pm 

well said kermit2482

the man is a bully, it's his way or no way. as you can imagine, the boys who now rent off him have got a tough decision to make. most of them do not want to work from his office but what choice do they have? it will be nearly impossible to find a rental in the short time they have, especially nights, or they could change over to P/H, or do something else!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:24 pm 

agga wrote:
well said kermit2482

the man is a bully, it's his way or no way. as you can imagine, the boys who now rent off him have got a tough decision to make. most of them do not want to work from his office but what choice do they have? it will be nearly impossible to find a rental in the short time they have, especially nights, or they could change over to P/H, or do something else!

Yes i can see their plight and believe me my heart goes out to them, i personally wouldn't work for this man if he was the last employer on this land, however i feel that some of these drivers are left with little or no choice. Sadly i would have to say that maybe they accept the offer and jump ship as soon as possible afterwards, This man will never have any respect from his employees though and personally i feel this is no way to run a business :roll:

Loads a love from BERTIE !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:12 pm 

Quote:
Yes i can see their plight and believe me my heart goes out to them, i personally wouldn't work for this man if he was the last employer on this land, however i feel that some of these drivers are left with little or no choice. Sadly i would have to say that maybe they accept the offer and jump ship as soon as possible afterwards, This man will never have any respect from his employees though and personally i feel this is no way to run a business

But boy, can he make money :shock:

(and I dont actually mean that in anyway, and in any nature)

seems to me, we always react to his moves, rather than the contrary.

CC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next