Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 51  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:35 pm 

gusmac wrote:
Are they less abusive than the NTA? :lol:

Most are. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:37 pm 

gusmac wrote:
captain cab wrote:
Yeah....join the GMB :lol:

CC

The NTA are not abusive.......unfortunately I am :lol:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:14 am 

gusmac wrote:
captain cab wrote:

CC

Most associations and unions will tell you exactly what you want to hear so that you join..... now assuming you have a intelligence..... you will pick what suits yourself..... if there is nobody out there with your own point of view... you must surely accept that you are in the minority...... and have a battle in front of you .... at this point you must make up your mind.... How much of your life you are willing to squander....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:17 am 

MR T wrote:
gusmac wrote:
captain cab wrote:

CC

Most associations and unions will tell you exactly what you want to hear so that you join..... now assuming you have a intelligence..... you will pick what suits yourself..... if there is nobody out there with your own point of view... you must surely accept that you are in the minority...... and have a battle in front of you .... at this point you must make up your mind.... How much of your life you are willing to squander....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:00 pm 

Just heard that the boss of the biggest cab firm in brighton has sold his plate. now drives a PH.
By all account they are being panicked into selling by rumours on the ranks that hundreds of new plates will be issued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:06 am 

Downtown Cab wrote:
Just heard that the boss of the biggest cab firm in brighton has sold his plate. now drives a PH.
By all account they are being panicked into selling by rumours on the ranks that hundreds of new plates will be issued.

:lol: :lol: :lol: IT will come no doubt about it!! Brighton (and Hove?) council/borough will be rubbing their hands in glee for the lovely cash cow that will bring as they will be so money strapped......Now Sussex will really understand what I've been rattling on about in my "bigoted" posts :roll: :wink: Rather than pontificating about how PC he is :?: ..... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:24 am 

Downtown Cab wrote:

Well that's a shock, at least one of them has a brain. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 am 

towag wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: IT will come no doubt about it!! Brighton (and Hove?) council/borough will be rubbing their hands in glee for the lovely cash cow that will bring as they will be so money strapped......Now Sussex will really understand what I've been rattling on about in my "bigoted" posts :roll: :wink: Rather than pontificating about how PC he is :?: ..... :wink:

Not really sure how someone selling his plate equates to a bigoted post/view/outcome. But still keep on taking those pills. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:30 am 

Sussex wrote:
towag wrote:

Not really sure how someone selling his plate equates to a bigoted post/view/outcome. But still keep on taking those pills. :?

And you mate.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:17 am 

I heard from a reasonably reliable source at the PHTM Exhibition at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry today that the DfT are, at the moment, looking at a 35% minimum WAV content as the proportion of Hackney fleets to satisfy the Equality Act.

If that becomes the eventual figure that would be far more reasonable than what has previously been quoted or guessed at.

We shall all have to wait & see.

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:15 am 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
the DfT are, at the moment, looking at a 35% minimum WAV content as the proportion of Hackney fleets to satisfy the Equality Act.

If they are looking at 35% as a minimum, before the consultation is started, then I'm looking at a final % of around 50%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:16 am 

Sussex wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
the DfT are, at the moment, looking at a 35% minimum WAV content as the proportion of Hackney fleets to satisfy the Equality Act.

If they are looking at 35% as a minimum, before the consultation is started, then I'm looking at a final % of around 50%.

Sussex seems to me that would be the logical outcome.... Hopefully that will satisfy our council here that we are well overdue for a sud and will cap any more licence issue..... we are more than well placed for that!! :roll: :-|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:50 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:

I could be looking at somewhat more than I expected for my mint condition TX2 in around a year from now? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:23 am 

I hear there was a meeting about the equality bill in London On Thursday 5th August 2010, anybody got an update for us please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:44 pm 

APH wrote:
I hear there was a meeting about the equality bill in London On Thursday 5th August 2010, anybody got an update for us please.

Well it won't affect the London Taxi trade, we've been fully wheelchair friendly since 1999.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 51  Next