Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:25 am 

Quote:
Its pure priciple with this geezer he just doesn't like to lose

You're right there, I think he's rather lose 100's of 1000's rather than lose face.

Quote:
I think he is still appealing against his initial applicantions about a billions years ago.

I think there will be a new case to run alongside his already existing appeal. :shock:

Quote:
As for why he needs 50 extra taxi plates, well the station looks a fine place to put them.

Fair point but like I mentioned in my previous post, will he get drivers on them all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:31 am 

Finally found it. :shock:

http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/modgov?modgo ... 3FID%3D992
Quote:
REVIEW OF TAXI QUANTITY CONTROL POLICY

* Issue History

Decision Maker: Cabinet

Decision Type: Non-Key

Decision Status: Recommendations Approved

Is Key decision?: No

Is subject to Call In?: No Decision:

Report C108 06/07.

Members considered Department of Transport guidance that the presumption should be to remove taxi quantity limits unless consumer detriment could be shown by delimiting. The Unmet Demand Survey demonstrated consumer detriment through an increase in working hours of drivers and issues of over ranking causing congestion.

Resolved that -

(1) this report and the report of the Halcrow Group Ltd on the Hackney Carriage Unmet Demand Study be noted;

(2) that the current limit of 360 Hackney Carriage Licences be retained but additional licences be issued upon evidence of the need to establish specific designated taxi bus services to meet Local Transport Plan objectives where the need cannot be met from existing Hackney Carriage Licences;

(3) that a maximum of 20 Hackney Carriage Licences be issued in accordance with (2) above and then a further report be submitted to Cabinet to review progress issues and impact;

(4) additional licences be granted only when Taxi Quality Policies have been adopted by the Authority.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:28 pm 

He has just sold 4 of the fleet he purchased last year, I'm assuming it was because they've been sat driverless outside his offices for ages.

I personally cannot see how he can now go demanding free plates when it's been shown he couldn't even rent out the ones he had.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7