Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:15 pm 

Post subject: Free Stuff!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:21 pm 
Stewart
Just down the road, south of Herriard, is a small taxi company, that may well be interested in this FREE stuff, training is not reqiured!!!!
We might be able to download the current street database, Peter may have to look at system to verify this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:08 pm 

anybody ever, ever been given something for nothing and found it to be any good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:44 pm 

Didn't Mr Cgull mention something about a 'freebie' from a lady of the night? :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:47 pm 

Tom Thumb wrote:
anybody ever, ever been given something for nothing and found it to be any good?

Well to answer your question yes I have.
Too numerous to mention here.
But then again I am not a "negative" sort of person so I guess thats why. :lol:

Also look at the comments of our users who have visited this forum. They think the product is very good. As do all our customers.
This is the latest release with loads of new goodies that were asked for by our customer base.

Why not try it out and be as critical as you like.
We thrive on constructive criticism, that is why the product is as good as it is.

When would you like me to install it?

Post subject: Re: Free Stuff!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:51 pm 
Gimme wrote:
Stewart
Just down the road, south of Herriard, is a small taxi company, that may well be interested in this FREE stuff, training is not reqiured!!!!
We might be able to download the current street database, Peter may have to look at system to verify this.

OK Gimme.
Just register on the Diplomat forum and we will start chatting.
I have some used telephone exchanges and data heads that are looking for a friendly home as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:52 pm 

I think that's the problem Stewart. :?

People aren't going to change to yours, or any of your competitors, just to try it out.

When the firm I work with went with Auriga, it took months and months of sorting out, even before any of the cars were fitted out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:22 pm 

Stewart wrote:
Tom Thumb wrote:

Well to answer your question yes I have.
Too numerous to mention here.
But then again I am not a "negative" sort of person so I guess thats why. :lol:

Also look at the comments of our users who have visited this forum. They think the product is very good. As do all our customers.
This is the latest release with loads of new goodies that were asked for by our customer base.

Why not try it out and be as critical as you like.
We thrive on constructive criticism, that is why the product is as good as it is.

When would you like me to install it?

Sorry Stewart, I'm not a Matalan sort of guy.

I'd never drive past KFC to buy a Golden Fried Chicken. I'm alergic to impersonators.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:32 pm 
Sorry Tom
I don't know what Matalan is?
and you wouldn't see me eating fake food like unlucky fried kittens.

This product was not developed for computerised businesses to try out! it was developed for people who are still on pen and paper and want to computerise. Thats why it has built in Wizards to setup the drivers, cars and plots from scratch. It takes hours not days to impliment.

We also got fed up with the high cost of installation and have slowly developed our product to automate most of the difficult tasks.
The plot setup is so easy as you can visually see the streets and you can correct or change the plots by merely clicking on them.

We have done a lot of work to make sure the geodata is handled in a similar way to the geodata in most vehicle navigators, like Garmin and Tom Tom. That way the products work well together. Most other B&D packages are still using post office street databases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:10 am 

Tom,

I have got to say, that everything I have so far seen (I must qualify in that manner as I have not seen it all), works.

Irrespective of the alleged shinanikins, Diplomat is a good product, and is exciting to me as it is developing so fast.

If you have a spare terminal, why don't you try the free offer. It will probably cost you £200 for a street database, but where else can you get a true working evaluation copy of anything to play with before (and if) you buy?

There is no way I will condemn them for that kind of marketing, because its what I have been almost begging software suppliers to do for ages. Try it in house. Thats the only way to test it to destruction. All it costs is your time and £200 say.

As for being free..... Well....

My reading is that nothing is free like you say. I too am a cynic. The whole marketing ploy in my mind, is that if they start you on it, you wont want to learn another package, so will buy from them as you move forward in your trade.

Now, I remember another company that did that. It gave its initial software away free on nearly every PC made. Then, it made its money on selling the upgrades. But, only after it had taken over the world. You may know the Company's name. Microsoft?

To me, this is a very brave ploy on the part of Diplomat. The risk, is revenue growth. If they get it, they have won. If they don't... Welll... you know the story.

Perhaps it explains a number of things eh?

But, if you are gonna take a gamble like that, the last thing you want to risk it on, is a crap product. Personally, I think Stewart is far too smart (I could use other words), to take a risk like that.

Note: Even Mike Scott doesnt knock the product.

Time will tell.

Sucessful "Angels" in business, are very rare (if you get my point?).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:49 am 
Andy7 wrote:
Tom,

I have got to say, that everything I have so far seen (I must qualify in that manner as I have not seen it all), works.

Irrespective of the alleged shinanikins, Diplomat is a good product, and is exciting to me as it is developing so fast.

If you have a spare terminal, why don't you try the free offer. It will probably cost you £200 for a street database, but where else can you get a true working evaluation copy of anything to play with before (and if) you buy?

There is no way I will condemn them for that kind of marketing, because its what I have been almost begging software suppliers to do for ages. Try it in house. Thats the only way to test it to destruction. All it costs is your time and £200 say.

As for being free..... Well....

My reading is that nothing is free like you say. I too am a cynic. The whole marketing ploy in my mind, is that if they start you on it, you wont want to learn another package, so will buy from them as you move forward in your trade.

Now, I remember another company that did that. It gave its initial software away free on nearly every PC made. Then, it made its money on selling the upgrades. But, only after it had taken over the world. You may know the Company's name. Microsoft?

To me, this is a very brave ploy on the part of Diplomat. The risk, is revenue growth. If they get it, they have won. If they don't... Welll... you know the story.

Perhaps it explains a number of things eh?

But, if you are gonna take a gamble like that, the last thing you want to risk it on, is a crap product. Personally, I think Stewart is far too smart (I could use other words), to take a risk like that.

Note: Even Mike Scott doesnt knock the product.

Time will tell.

Sucessful "Angels" in business, are very rare (if you get my point?).

and just as you get the hang of it and realy into it in a big way a sign that stewart insisted went on it will bounce up

this programme expires at the end of the month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:53 am 

Still not a fan then Yorkie. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:50 am 

No expiry dates.

No, we're not going to rule the world either. Just hope we can gain the support of a taxi and private hire industry that is fed up with men in suits telling them what's good for you.

Yes, we do hope you get hooked on Navigator Lite. If you get hooked on it then I reckon you'll buy the Pro version. If you're a small company you could probably get away with just the Lite and, with a bit of luck, by using it you just might grow into a bigger company and buy the Pro.

Post subject: No Expiry dates.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:18 am 

No certainly no expiry dates.
That was a ploy that the other bunch use to keep restless customers loyal and was a financial security tool for Mike.

We caused ourselves a lot of headaches when we removed the expiry from Midas Navigator early last year. It transpired that the 30 day warning banner actually caused the program to crash because the expiry bit had been removed. DOH! :oops:

We then rewrote the product which is why I keep banging on that it is nothing like Midas. It has no expiry dates and all the features work properly.

We are totally against expiry dates which is why we get a steady migration from the competitors.

What we will do is offer periodic upgrades for NavLite as and when we develop new features in Navigator Pro and decide to include them in the free package.

Thankyou to those of you who just placed their order online. www.diplomat.co.uk

Post subject: Re: No Expiry dates.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:00 pm 
Stewart wrote:
No certainly no expiry dates.
That was a ploy that the other bunch use to keep restless customers loyal and was a financial security tool for Mike.

We caused ourselves a lot of headaches when we removed the expiry from Midas Navigator early last year. It transpired that the 30 day warning banner actually caused the program to crash because the expiry bit had been removed. DOH! :oops:

We then rewrote the product which is why I keep banging on that it is nothing like Midas. It has no expiry dates and all the features work properly.

We are totally against expiry dates which is why we get a steady migration from the competitors.

What we will do is offer periodic upgrades for NavLite as and when we develop new features in Navigator Pro and decide to include them in the free package.

Thankyou to those of you who just placed their order online. www.diplomat.co.uk

you know Stewart you are such a liar
you have already admited on a forum that you put the expiry date on, as for diplomat delivers another con, didnt diplomat go bust after you failed to deliver data heads to 2 companies? you didnt deliver then.
and just looking at diplomat lite shows its midas, stop taking the [edited by admin].

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next