Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The new peugeot E7:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:35 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
United Taxis 11 wrote:
they are quite popular in this area for the wheelchair taxis, but i do think the only proper reliable wheel chair taxi is the Mercedes vito. Merc,VW,Audi are the only half decent car manufactures at the current time in my opinion

The trouble with the extra reliability is that it comes at a price, and that extra price often outweighs the cost of marginally less reliability.

How much more reliable the VW or Mercs are Is debateble, certainly they are more expensive to maintain and repair than the Peugeot/Citroen models are.

And as we live in austere times there is more profit to be earned from a slightly less reliable E7 over it's working life than a more reliable VW or Merc unless your offering a prestige chauffeur style of customer service at a higher price.

Well I beg to differ Ive had a Mercedes Vito as a Hackney for Two year's done 120,000 miles without any major Problems mainly electric's window regulator's, rear wiper motor
Never been off the road never broken down last two spanner service £319 costs less than my Skoda Suberb My Mate has a E7 that eats spares .
Spare prices are not life changing unless your talking turbo, steering rack prop shaft
You do get what you pay for :D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:47 pm 

Blackcab Bob wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
United Taxis 11 wrote:
they are quite popular in this area for the wheelchair taxis, but i do think the only proper reliable wheel chair taxi is the Mercedes vito. Merc,VW,Audi are the only half decent car manufactures at the current time in my opinion

The trouble with the extra reliability is that it comes at a price, and that extra price often outweighs the cost of marginally less reliability.

How much more reliable the VW or Mercs are Is debateble, certainly they are more expensive to maintain and repair than the Peugeot/Citroen models are.

And as we live in austere times there is more profit to be earned from a slightly less reliable E7 over it's working life than a more reliable VW or Merc unless your offering a prestige chauffeur style of customer service at a higher price.

Well I beg to differ Ive had a Mercedes Vito as a Hackney for Two year's done 120,000 miles without any major Problems mainly electric's window regulator's, rear wiper motor
Never been off the road never broken down last two spanner service £319 costs less than my Skoda Suberb My Mate has a E7 that eats spares .
Spare prices are not life changing unless your talking turbo, steering rack prop shaft
You do get what you pay for :D :D :D

Well..if you factor in the £6,000 new vehicle price difference then that would make a big difference over about 5 pence per mile over 120,000

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:30 am 

Paid £12,000 for it two years ago with 43,000 miles on the clock ??? :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:24 am 

Blackcab Bob wrote:
Paid £12,000 for it two years ago with 43,000 miles on the clock ??? :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Sounds like you got a bargain..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:38 pm 

I think you can still read DHL if you look close enough :lol: