Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:37 am 

One company I wouldn't buy a car from is Fowler's, they've had a mate of mine over a barrel and truly took his pants down. he bought a motor from them a few weeks ago and my oh my what a bag of balls it turned out to be, he took it to a garage because he was having problems with it, it turned out the car was a right bag of nails with a duff service book, the motor needed £4,000 of work to get it road worthy, the dealer told him that is was uneconomical to repair the motor. He's phoned Fowler's up but they kept fobbing him off saying they'll pick it up but nothings happened. He phoned the finance company up because he'd got protection with them and they told him to send them the garage report and they'll deal with it.

It turned out the motor had 89000 on the clock but a closer look by him revealed that 100,000 had been wiped off the clock giving it a true reading of 180000.

The finance company have ripped Fowler's a new backside because their money was secured against the motor. The Finance company have picked it up and cancelled his agreement before he made his first payment.

AVOID AVOID AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:54 am 

They are still advertising in T@PH monthly, and keep sending out flyer's they use several names, but the phone number is the same

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:54 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
They are still advertising in T@PH monthly, and keep sending out flyer's they use several names, but the phone number is the same

It's called a Shell company Skip when they operate under different names, they filter the money in through the top company then drip feed it through to all the other companies they trade under thus avoid paying Tax and distancing themselves from claims made by unhappy customers.

My mate has got their measure and is taking them to court.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:59 am 

There are so many bad stories about that motley crew, anyone touching them must lick windows.

From another forum

Fowlers are now offering finance to drivers on this forum under the name the taxi finance man, Please be very wary if toy choose to deal with them

anybody thinking of buying a car from these crooks then check out my post on Fowlers motors, They have ripped me off to the tune of £18,000 and done the same to many other taxi drivers. It really is in your best interest to find finance from somewhere else.

This forum is for the well being of our trade and these bandits have no right to advertise on here. they take in part exchanges and don't clear off the existing finance and the finance company come after you for the balance, even if you have no part exchange do you really want to give your buisness to a company like Fowlers who have deliberatley set out to ruin fellow taxi drivers.

I won't hide behind my nickname on here, my name is Terry Lewis and i live in South Shields, Dean-132 is my taxi call sign at Dean taxis.

Anybody with similar dealings with this group of sh*theads then send me a message as i have a firm of solicitors in Manchester building up a good case against them.

they have ruined my life , my credit history and my health do you really want to be next

another

Never trust fowler's bunch of thieving [edited by admin]. I was taken to court August 2008 because of this bunch of scum didn't pay of my Jag mentioned earlier in this thread. Fortunately for myself Bank of Scotlands Solicitors DWF of Manchester (wonderful person is Debbie) that took Hart Taxis and myself to court along with a brilliant Judge gave me some excellent free advice. What happened in the court was I learned I was legally responsible for the debt but had been robbed by a bunch of crooks, but also how to fight back with minimum cost to myself.

After I started having ago at the companies that allowed these lot to advertise in their magazines on the internet, knowing they where as bent as hell I got somewhere. PHTM and others did not like me coming on here and other places slaughtering their magazine, wasn't good for business. Liza Lipsom of PHTM personally went to Fowler's and got the cheques sent to DWF Solicitors and the debt paid off. Left myself £400 out of pocket, credit history ruined and nearly destroyed my marriage, but within about 8 weeks of going to court the debt £11000 plus debt was paid off. These magazines don't like the trade slagging them off on websites. Worst thing was I never knew I was doing business with Fowler's I thought I was doing business with Cabs and Buses, appears these gobshite's trade under both names. So beware

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:52 am 

Jesus they are a bunch of naughty boys aren't they?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:54 am 

Fowlers (brum branch) had an advert on local radio today for general car finance (not taxi's)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:04 pm 

I have considdered using Fowlers before. I even went to the Brum branch to look at some vehicles. After reading this lot, boy am I glad that I didn't bother. There are a couple of vehicles in our town that were bought from Fowlers though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:44 pm 

I might stick with Ebay....... :badgrin:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:27 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:
I might stick with Ebay....... :badgrin:

I've just bought the missus a cracker of a motor off Ebay.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:28 am 

Thanks for the update, their walsall branch is based about 5 minutes from a head office will advice all my drivers to stay away.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:38 am 

how about cabdirect? had a bad experience with them...papperwork, you`ve to sign them that you`re happy to have finance just before you got it an no t&c`s... because they don`t know reg. no... wtf?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:18 pm 

o-marek wrote:
how about cabdirect? had a bad experience with them...papperwork, you`ve to sign them that you`re happy to have finance just before you got it an no t&c`s... because they don`t know reg. no... wtf?

Another pile of sh ite, they will also rob you blind.

Advertising on their own site states the mileage of a given vehicle - they will then deliver the same advertised vehicle with a different mileage. Oh it is your fault as we have a disclaimer at the front of our website that says - words to the effect of ( all that is advertised on our site, is not necessarily true). #-o

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:11 pm 

cabby john wrote:
Another pile of sh ite, they will also rob you blind. #-o

seems, the best way to buy next vehicle is to find a car with independent dealer and arrange separate finance (PCP for example)...

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:41 am 

cabby john wrote:
o-marek wrote:

Advertising on their own site states the mileage of a given vehicle - they will then deliver the same advertised vehicle with a different mileage. Oh it is your fault as we have a disclaimer at the front of our website that says - words to the effect of ( all that is advertised on our site, is not necessarily true). #-o

How can they get away with that? how have they not been hit by trading standards?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:55 am 

yellowcars wrote:
cabby john wrote:
o-marek wrote:

How can they get away with that? how have they not been hit by trading standards?

From where I am standing it is because money talks, and how corrupt the British system is. There is so much wrong with this country that I would be writing forever, but I will give you this one.

If there is nothing devious in an agreement, then why would any company taking part be permitted to have MUCH smaller details referring to contractual commitments in extra small fine print at the very bottom of a legally binding agreement. If all is kosher, then it should be in larger print!

It is designed to catch people................and the powers that be, allow it. :twisted: