Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Electric Cars for Taxi?
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:02 pm
Posts: 83
Not sure if this has been covered before!!

Now that the government has decided to punish diesel drivers I have been reading that they are now considering a diesel scrapage scheme but time will tell what they decide!

I am wondering if anyone is using an all electric vehicle for use as a private hire vehicle as i have seen a few taxi companies are now using electric cars such as this:
http://www.phoenixtaxis.net/electric-taxi.html

Is the range any good, been reading 100 miles
Battery costs £4000 to replace or monthly payments
20% less moving parts so less breakdowns and no cambelt or oil changes

If anyone as any info on them would love to hear it as all I can find is owners who use electric cars as a runaround car not as a taxi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9952
Location: Maldon, Essex.
wrexhamdriver wrote:
Not sure if this has been covered before!!

Now that the government has decided to punish diesel drivers I have been reading that they are now considering a diesel scrapage scheme but time will tell what they decide!

I am wondering if anyone is using an all electric vehicle for use as a private hire vehicle as i have seen a few taxi companies are now using electric cars such as this:
http://www.phoenixtaxis.net/electric-taxi.html

Is the range any good, been reading 100 miles
Battery costs £4000 to replace or monthly payments
20% less moving parts so less breakdowns and no cambelt or oil changes

If anyone as any info on them would love to hear it as all I can find is owners who use electric cars as a runaround car not as a taxi


There's only one electric car out there that can satisfy the Taxi Industry and that's the Tesla.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 23002
Location: A City near Birmingham
Tesla 3 will be a game changer...

USD$ 35K, UK price... hope its £35,000 inc vat, youd save £25,000 over 5 years in fuel... no cambelts or oil changes

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:02 pm
Posts: 83
I been looking at the Tesla and looks one hell of an electric car but its still bit pricey so hopefully falls in price!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8798
It's bloody shame that British Leyland were not still making cars, rather as Import American electric cars BL could have built their leccy cars here with their legendary BL reliability and build quality..the other benefit would be that BL Electric cars would not wake the Nightshift as they rolled off the production line.

They could all be given great BL model names like the Morris Minor Blown Fuse, Austin 7 Amp or Riley Light Rust etc..

Can you chaps think of any good names for Modern Day BL leccy cars.

Plus Red Len McCluskey and TT would be so proud of daily Carbon free Strike actions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:26 pm
Posts: 8348
bloodnock wrote:
It's bloody shame that British Leyland were not still making cars, rather as Import American electric cars BL could have built their leccy cars here with their legendary BL reliability and build quality..the other benefit would be that BL Electric cars would not wake the Nightshift as they rolled off the production line.

They could all be given great BL model names like the Morris Minor Blown Fuse, Austin 7 Amp or Riley Light Rust etc..

Can you chaps think of any good names for Modern Day BL leccy cars.

Plus Red Len McCluskey and TT would be so proud of daily Carbon free Strike actions.

Mk 2 Milk float....

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9952
Location: Maldon, Essex.
wannabeeahack wrote:
Tesla 3 will be a game changer...

USD$ 35K, UK price... hope its £35,000 inc vat, youd save £25,000 over 5 years in fuel... no cambelts or oil changes


Don't forget to factor in a new battery pack.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 23002
Location: A City near Birmingham
Nidge2 wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
Tesla 3 will be a game changer...

USD$ 35K, UK price... hope its £35,000 inc vat, youd save £25,000 over 5 years in fuel... no cambelts or oil changes


Don't forget to factor in a new battery pack.


depends if they lease the batteries

but i believe the fuel cell cars will cast out the battery cars soon, i cant imagine Ford, GM and VAG dont have viable 100% leccy cars ready but wont release them till the oil runs out because they also have massive engine building plants

leccy motors are far simpler to produce

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group