Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:11 pm 
Is anyone running one of these as a P/H vehicle? I bought one six months ago and I'm doing okay with it, touch wood. I wondered if anyone who was running one could tell me if they had any problems with it, you know "fore-warned is fore-armed" My main gripe is that the punters don't seem able to shut the doors when they get in, nor do they seem to be able to open them when they want to get out again!! Another thing, the build quality of the interior is very flimsy to say that Ford market these as an executive taxi, some of the plastic fittings are about as thick as vending machine coffee cups.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:40 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Is anyone running one of these as a P/H vehicle? I bought one six months ago and I'm doing okay with it, touch wood. I wondered if anyone who was running one could tell me if they had any problems with it, you know "fore-warned is fore-armed" My main gripe is that the punters don't seem able to shut the doors when they get in, nor do they seem to be able to open them when they want to get out again!! Another thing, the build quality of the interior is very flimsy to say that Ford market these as an executive taxi, some of the plastic fittings are about as thick as vending machine coffee cups.

if you are ok, its ok :lol:

you seem to be having second thoughts, well you may, please have you a long loan on it?

spares bring a copper or two.

Post subject: ford trasit
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:29 am 
where did you buy the ford transit from?
i am looking to get one but a wav from bernard mansell of northhampton!
the interior build on his wavs are second to none!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:53 am 
I bought it from the Taxi Centre in Glasgow. I didn't really want a brand new one, but my local Ford dealership pratted me around with a s/h one, to put it as succinctly as i can, i'm still being credit checked for the finance on the vehicle which they had on their forecourt at that time, six months ago !!
I just put the post on here to see if anyone could give me any details about, say, how long a clutch lasted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:21 pm 
Until it breaks? :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:55 pm 
A lot longer than a Skoda's does. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:48 am 
Anonymous wrote:
I bought it from the Taxi Centre in Glasgow. I didn't really want a brand new one, but my local Ford dealership pratted me around with a s/h one, to put it as succinctly as i can, i'm still being credit checked for the finance on the vehicle which they had on their forecourt at that time, six months ago !!
I just put the post on here to see if anyone could give me any details about, say, how long a clutch lasted.

if one of my drivers, drive it about 2 weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:51 am 
our local transport authority have just put out a tender for taxibuses with 8 seats, nice they are too.

not transits, not volkswagons, not toyotas, merc came high on the list but not them either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:40 pm 
Fiat Doblos no doubt.

We run the Tourneos, and get about 40,000 from a cliutch but it depends on the drivers. They start to rattle at 70000, but new trim clips sort that. The CDi engine can get as good as 36 mpg if its driven right.#