Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Donkeys
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:53 pm 

I've seen a few drivers i might call donkeys but this takes the biscuit !

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=133188&command=displayContent&sourceNode=133171&contentPK=10989299

CHARITY STARTS UP SPANISH DONKEY TAXI INSPECTIONS

11:00 - 21 September 2004
Donkeys used as taxi services in Spain will be inspected by animal welfare charities for the first time from today thanks to an initiative pioneered by a Westcountry-based sanctuary. A team from Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary and its Spanish rescue centre El Refugio Del Burrito in the village of Mijas, Andalucia, will spend three days checking the donkeys' condition, health and fitness for the job.

Since the Donkey Sanctuary began in 1969, holidaymakers have complained about the neglect of the Mijas Donkey Taxis, sending the organisation photographs of the donkeys carrying overweight passengers and having ill-fitting tack.

Today, the two sanctuaries will be providing six-monthly veterinary and equipment checks on 104 donkeys licensed as taxis in the popular tourist destination. The checks, on behalf of Mijas Town Council, are part of new regulations.

If a donkey passes the inspection, its owner will get a certificate of health allowing them to then apply for a council operator's licence for the donkey.

Paul Svendsen, director of European operations and manager of El Refugio Del Burrito, said: "We are all looking forward to helping improve the working conditions for these donkeys and, in turn, help the owners run a business that has a reputation for good animal welfare practice linked to it."

Donkey LO's ! i heard it all now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:14 pm 
Nothing new, I mean the T&G cab section could be described as lions led by donkeys.

Well, not really, perhaps donkeys led by asses.

:D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:47 pm 

I can't wait to see the WAV version. :D :D :D