Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:16 am 
Radioman wrote:
Geoff,

The company in Glasgow DONT have a monopoly. There are other companies that have large fleet with the next largest around 500. There are over 3000 private hire vehicles in the City of Glasgow so having 600 in a fleet is not a monopoly.

There is a Hackney fleet of approx 930 cars out of 1400 plates.

As for someone allowing a fleet to get that big, well you should look at other Cities that now have hackney or private hire fleets which are 500 or more cars.

regards
RadioMan

an employee of Glasgow private hire claimed to have 2 bases containing over 2,000 vehicles

was he lying?

I think radioman and I am fast comming to believe weve tangled elsewheere b4, and I think now I know your name as well. jesus chist so you left then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:35 am 
its like the old saying wanting your own cake and eating it, only from my position ive spent ten years looking at the cake and now im nibbling it somebody,s calling me a greedy baxxard?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:28 am 
scot wrote:
its like the old saying wanting your own cake and eating it, only from my position ive spent ten years looking at the cake and now im nibbling it somebody,s calling me a greedy baxxard?...

Scot,
Follow your instinct follow your dream, I promise you there are loads of people that will help you,

NONE OF WHOM ARE IN THE TAXI TRADE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:55 am 
Anonymous wrote:
scot wrote:

Scot,
Follow your instinct follow your dream, I promise you there are loads of people that will help you,

NONE OF WHOM ARE IN THE TAXI TRADE.

I'll second that one.

Post subject: so what
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:21 pm 

I drive for glasgow private hire and regardless of the rumours common within the industry over here in scotland, i am very happy indeed with the set up. They are the biggest and busiest of the companies and keep us earning a decent living, in addition they have the best call centre, data system, and are truly city wide,,especially at weekend we are run right of our feet with jobs,,on an average sat night, there are up to 250 jobs waiting to be done between 1am to 3-4 am,,,a godsend for any driver,,,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:33 pm 
Trigot,are they all out of town? :lol: :lol:

Smart arse(are you following me)? :mrgreen:

Post subject: come join us
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:38 pm 

mr guest, whoever you are,,why dont you come join us, maybe the sour streak you have can be cured when you have decent hires to do all night,
and while you are here maybe we can arrange to show you some scots hospitality,,or better known in these parts, the glasgow kiss,,lol,,,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:54 pm 
Naughty Trigot,is that a Heider!?
Do not be mad,I like you,especially your wallet.
Must come to Glasgow for a Gagie night oot.

Yours,
Smart Arse :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: