Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 203020,s new deal
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:40 pm 
203020 had an advirtisement in mondays tele offering a new deal for proffesional taxi drivers (not sure what they mean here) the deal is one night for the office and six nights for yourself, there are some ops in other offices offering two nights to yourself but i cant see anyone else offering six, anybody know if anyone has taken deal up yet?...

Post subject: Re: 203020,s new deal
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:55 pm 

scot wrote:
203020 had an advirtisement in mondays tele offering a new deal for proffesional taxi drivers (not sure what they mean here) the deal is one night for the office and six nights for yourself, there are some ops in other offices offering two nights to yourself but i cant see anyone else offering six, anybody know if anyone has taken deal up yet?...

do you mean you work one night to pay the office rent and the rest is in your pocket?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:46 pm 

As long as mine is a Tuesday's, then that will do just fine. :-k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:57 am 
ive not heard of anyone bothering to phone about the deal but i would imagine it would be work sat night and hand over all the take(aprox 200)
and the other six nights you keep the take, but unless they are really busy during the week drivers would be better off working five nights taking just one to themselves in the bigger offices ,still no 203020 wavs
although the usual gossip of there coming on next month is circulating....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:09 pm 
scot wrote:
ive not heard of anyone bothering to phone about the deal but i would imagine it would be work sat night and hand over all the take(aprox 200)
and the other six nights you keep the take, but unless they are really busy during the week drivers would be better off working five nights taking just one to themselves in the bigger offices ,still no 203020 wavs
although the usual gossip of there coming on next month is circulating....

Just another ruse,means drivers(professionals)with own cabs,the one night
probably quieter night £80-£90 for the fees.
Heard they cannot get finance in Scotland for the Cabs. Trying down in Englandshire.
Plenty of Hope from Bob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:59 pm 
it does sound desperate, ad has been running all week plus one hack advertised for a 3 plus one to yourself tonight, this might be the rebound of the ad, i dont think davie reckoned on the amount of people willing to put on new wavs, plus we now have some ops willing to offer new deals themselves...