Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:18 pm 
Sussex wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
What do you mean when you say "they dont give a dam about anyone else particulary cab drivers" so the 15million people who smoke in this country are all selfish are they, some of the people I have known who smoked were also some of the kindest,funniest,self-effacing people I have had the pleasure of knowing.
what some of you people fail to realise is that tobacco sets a very subtle trap for people and once in it the thought of being without it makes it even worse for those addicted to it.
Tobacco has been in use for a long time, it wont dissapear overnight no matter how much you would like it to,lifes just not like that.

I think the guest this reposte is aimed at is spot on. Smokers are the most selfish people around.

We (non-smokers) are meant to be grateful about all that tax smokers pay, what about all that tax we pay to sort out their lungs and hearts?

Tobacco may have been around for a long time, as is the damage done by passive smoke. :sad:

Sussex you dont have to pay any tax to "sort out smokers problems, they pay plenty themselves,

http://www.the-tma.org.uk/statistics/UK/margins.htm
so sussex smokers contribute over £8 billion to the treasury every year
http://www.the-tma.org.uk/statistics/UK/revenue.htm

so nobody has to pay tax to sort us out we have done that for years paying an extra £1400 per year on an average.

I still think personal choice is the way forward, you look through this site and look at all the posts about Licensing this Licensing that,what the councils are making us do about this what the councils are making us do about that, the list is endless and yet as soon as the chance comes to vilify any group of you all go using the same old vituperation and malice towards 15-20 million people, I just cant understand it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:20 pm 
All this doesn't mention the amount of duty the Government get each year from the smoker, I think it equates to £700 million, the cost to treat smoking related illnesses is £200 million, the amount the Government gets from alcohol each year is £500 million., the cost to treat alcohol related illnesses and curb the violence it produces is £1.8 billion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:24 pm 
Sussex you say that passive smoking has been causing damage to people for years and going along with your rational here could you point me to a death certificate that states the cause of death as Passive smoking.

Bet you cant?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:26 pm 
So are people now saying that smoking is good for us all? Maybe we should all get our kids to start smoking, and encourage pregnant women to smoke non-stop. Give out free fags at schools and parties.

Or is it a killer, not only for those that smoke, but for those near them. Bit like the back of a cab. :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:29 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Sussex you say that passive smoking has been causing damage to people for years and going along with your rational here could you point me to a death certificate that states the cause of death as Passive smoking.

Maybe this chap knows a little more than you.

Professor John Britton, chair of the Royal College of Physicians' Tobacco Advisory Group, said: "The leaked SCOTH report confirms what all other health organisations have been telling the government over many years - that passive smoking causes death and disease, particularly in bar workers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:47 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

Bet you cant?

thats plain daft!
its made clear that smoking or passive smoking is the pathway to diseases
lets be sensible now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:55 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Professor John Britton, chair of the Royal College of Physicians' Tobacco Advisory Group, said: "The leaked SCOTH report confirms what all other health organisations have been telling the government over many years - that passive smoking causes death and disease, particularly in bar workers.

What if the bar workers smoke themselves, remember it's their choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:57 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Bet you cant?

thats plain daft!
its made clear that smoking or passive smoking is the pathway to diseases
lets be sensible now.

Yes smoking, not so sure about passive smoking, remember it's a legally available substance, as yet it is not a crime to smoke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:08 pm 

lets face it, it's not just cabs. the days are numbers for public smoking where ever you are.

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=133478&command=displayContent&sourceNode=133186&home=yes&contentPK=11136247

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:28 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

Bet you cant?

One of most widely published lung cancer cases was that of non smoker Roy Castle. Mr Castle stated he contracted the disease through breathing in third party cigarette smoke during the countless years he had spent entertaining in pubs and clubs.

A death certificate will never state a person died of smoking because smoking itself is not a disease, however, because of its popularity smoking is recognised as being the single largest contributor to ill health of any other substance on this planet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/date ... 493567.stm

best wishes

jd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:08 pm 
steveo wrote:
lets face it, it's not just cabs. the days are numbers for public smoking where ever you are.

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=133478&command=displayContent&sourceNode=133186&home=yes&contentPK=11136247

And how are they going to enforce it? Look at the damage it's done to the bars in New York and Dublin, most of them are finding it hard to make ends meet, you will find the smoking pubs will profit from the non smoking pubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:53 pm 
Or as Bernays put it

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ... We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ... In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons ... who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind.

So, nice to know that once again my Bovine Brothers will once again swallow the junk science and rubbish, rather than make their own choices.

Or as Thomas Jefferson said

"I know of no safe depository of the ultimate power of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise that control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not take it from them, but to inform their discretion."

Or why dont you try this web site so you can try and see if you can recognise any of these traits.

http://www.davehitt.com/feb00/racists.html

Or what about this one

http://www.antibrains.com/shs.html

Or what about this one

http://www.forces.org/index.php

Who can really claim to be that concerned while we sit and let millions die of starvation and AID's not to mention the numerous wars, are these not the true obcenities of our brave new world, what a joke!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:27 pm 
Oh and just incase you think you will all escape the all encompassing health police, think on John "sue the [edited by admin]" Banzaf has said that

"Let's sue some doctors." He also urged lawsuits against parents of obese children, saying "go after parents with TVs in their [kids'] rooms."

You guy's can live like that if you like, I wont.

p.s anyone here ever suffered from passive fat :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:50 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

http://www.mercola.com/2000/jul/30/doctors_death.htm

Yes just like our MRSA and huge waiting lists or is that the list to get on the list to get on another list so that our older folk can get the treatment they have paid for all their lives.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:03 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
So are people now saying that smoking is good for us all? Maybe we should all get our kids to start smoking, and encourage pregnant women to smoke non-stop. Give out free fags at schools and parties.

Or is it a killer, not only for those that smoke, but for those near them. Bit like the back of a cab. :sad:

Well now that you bring the children into it perhaps you would be better advised pushing for a ban on drink.

http://www.madd.org/news/1,1056,8890,00.html

where will it all end, have a look around and see if you think the banning of things is really such a good idea

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_det ... dline/1653