Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:24 pm 

I'm a Mansfield driver (ph) and I'm new to this site but I've had a look at a lot of previous comments and I think a lot are way off mark - especially from Nidge, sorry mate no offense.

I moved to Mansfield from Swindon in 1992 and I'm proud to say where I come from now. I find the people up here a lot friendlier than where I use to live and I like the town, its come on a lot in the last few yeasr. Yes you get your dickheads, but no more so than anywhere else. I've even become an honarary Stags fan!

From what I can see Mansfield Council do an ok job, the few dealings I've had have been alright. I've got mates that are drivers elsewhere and from what they tell me we are quite fortunate.

There you go, just my opinion but not everyone from Mansfield thinks its such a bad place.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:29 am 

Location: Grim North, Carrot Crunchers and Codhead Country, North of Watford Gap
brianpotter wrote:
I'm a Mansfield driver (ph) and I'm new to this site but I've had a look at a lot of previous comments and I think a lot are way off mark - especially from Nidge, sorry mate no offense.

I moved to Mansfield from Swindon in 1992 and I'm proud to say where I come from now. I find the people up here a lot friendlier than where I use to live and I like the town, its come on a lot in the last few yeasr. Yes you get your dickheads, but no more so than anywhere else. I've even become an honarary Stags fan!

From what I can see Mansfield Council do an ok job, the few dealings I've had have been alright. I've got mates that are drivers elsewhere and from what they tell me we are quite fortunate.

There you go, just my opinion but not everyone from Mansfield thinks its such a bad place.

Where does the Knuckle draggers come in then, come on, Nidge says it's full of them, together with all the other scum, glad I don't work there!!!

regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:00 am 
Hi Brian, come on mate the place is a doss hole of the highest order, druggies all over the place, [edited by admin] heads making your night worse than what it is, you said you moved from Swindon in 1992, you must have committed some sins mate to live in Mansfield, did you know Mansfield has a higher crime rate than Nottingham? Look around Mansfield Brian it's full of estates that deal in drugs, what do the coppers do? Nothing they just leave them to it. You go on about the Council, they are the most inept group of people you could ever wish to meet, ask them what their policy is? They don't even know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:36 am 

I think the difference in views is that Brain is able to vet the [edited by admin], if he is wised up, and only pick up the good.

Whereas poor old Nigel has to take whoever falls into his car. :sad: