Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Oct 28, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:00 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
Trots, you know FA, you dont know the systems or the contracts, you claimed special needs education kids should all go by bus, all you do is slag people off who dont share your twisted point of view, no-one really likes you, cant you find a different way to vent your pent up anger? have you suffered much or been abused? is your dick laughed at when women see it? just whats your problem?

seek help chap

I have no doubt that most on here know more than me on these contracts but thats not the issue, the issue is there's considerable disparity between Councils, much could be achieved by discussing, comparing, contracts in an organised manner and negotiating cohesively.The financial gain could be substantial and why not you are supplying a much needed service to the Public, I have yet to read anyone who thinks they have a good deal, well in my opinion a good deal could be obtained whether Grandad or Roythebus or others agree time will tell. I have yet to see a response which cohesively sensibly opposes my proposal :D Get Organised =D>

The only anger I have is when I see workers being ripped off i regard the Drivers proprietors who provide these services as very valuable members of society supplying a vital service in all weathers conditions who could obtain fairness , and on a debating forum i will debate, which i suspect is why I was INVITED on here to debate. :D

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:11 pm 

I doubt that it would be possible to get an agreement that would suit all the councils or indeed all the operators. From the councils point of view, They will always try for the cheapest possible price and in most cases there will be someone who will put a cheap price in for any job. Fortunatly where I am there is a general shortage of drivers who want to be committed to a school contract so I get my fair share of work at the price that I want. I don't try to be greedy but I certainly won't be going in cheap just to get a job. If at any time I don't think that we are getting the right price for a job I give notice on the job and then put an increased price in when the job is sent out for tender. Obviously this is a risky statergy because someone may go in cheaper but I can't see the point in working for nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:15 pm 

grandad wrote:
I doubt that it would be possible to get an agreement that would suit all the councils or indeed all the operators. From the councils point of view, They will always try for the cheapest possible price and in most cases there will be someone who will put a cheap price in for any job. Fortunatly where I am there is a general shortage of drivers who want to be committed to a school contract so I get my fair share of work at the price that I want. I don't try to be greedy but I certainly won't be going in cheap just to get a job. If at any time I don't think that we are getting the right price for a job I give notice on the job and then put an increased price in when the job is sent out for tender. Obviously this is a risky statergy because someone may go in cheaper but I can't see the point in working for nothing.

For sure nothing would suit all but comparing info and obtaining advice would of course assist surely??

hope you remain busy gramps :D

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:53 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
For sure nothing would suit all but comparing info and obtaining advice would of course assist surely??

You may be right but I can't see the councils playing ball. They will just say that "these are the conditions take it or leave it."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:43 pm 

grandad wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:

You may be right but I can't see the councils playing ball. They will just say that "these are the conditions take it or leave it."

The point of being organised is so you can all tell them to leave it. They have to get these contracts covered, which is where the trade could have these councils by the short and curleys.

It wont happen though, because the trade are usually too busy shafting each other to stick together.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:14 pm 

gusmac wrote:
grandad wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:

The point of being organised is so you can all tell them to leave it. They have to get these contracts covered, which is where the trade could have these councils by the short and curleys.

It wont happen though, because the trade are usually too busy shafting each other to stick together.

first step gather the info 2 correlate it 3 identify a council to target 4 take em on in organised campaign which involves ALL persons tendering , 5 make it clear the kids can walk if necessary you aint prostituting yerselves 6 after theyve rolled over extend the campaign Nationwide.

I suspect you will need organisational assistance i would suggest surprise surprise a UNION RMT UNITE GMB take yer pick :D :D :D

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:48 pm 

Comparing info and such like when tendering for work is illegal under the Competition Act. Those caught could at worse be jailed or have their assetts siezed. Firms are not allowed to collude on any aspect of tendering. You have to sign a document to that effect when you submit the tender.

I belong to a couple of trade bodies in the psv and ph industries and that is made clear whenever pricing is mentioned.

I make sure I only work for my price, which happens to be in excess of £1 a mile for all mileage when I'm doing school work. anyone working for less than that is as I said earlier, subsidising the local council.

Kent county council tried running their own buses, taxis, employement agency, and school supplies service under an arm's length trading company. It was heavily subsidised by the ratepayers, even though this was for several years hidden in the accounts. with the latest cuts, they've now been sussed and the bus and taxi businesses were the first to go. :D :D :D

On the basis that they were being "overcharged" by the taxi and bus operators, and KCC would "control2 the prices it paid for services; that in itself is illegal and anti-competitive.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:37 pm 

roythebus wrote:
Comparing info and such like when tendering for work is illegal under the Competition Act. Those caught could at worse be jailed or have their assetts siezed. Firms are not allowed to collude on any aspect of tendering. You have to sign a document to that effect when you submit the tender.

I belong to a couple of trade bodies in the psv and ph industries and that is made clear whenever pricing is mentioned.

I make sure I only work for my price, which happens to be in excess of £1 a mile for all mileage when I'm doing school work. anyone working for less than that is as I said earlier, subsidising the local council.

Kent county council tried running their own buses, taxis, employement agency, and school supplies service under an arm's length trading company. It was heavily subsidised by the ratepayers, even though this was for several years hidden in the accounts. with the latest cuts, they've now been sussed and the bus and taxi businesses were the first to go. :D :D :D

On the basis that they were being "overcharged" by the taxi and bus operators, and KCC would "control2 the prices it paid for services; that in itself is illegal and anti-competitive.

Roy theres no legislation that prevents you establishing CRITERIA for this scenario, rest assured its not difficult :DThe bodies you belong too could maybe seek some advice :?:

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:39 pm 

Yes i know; the bodies I belong to have given the advice: any form of discussion about prices etc when tendering is illegal, simples.

Any other criteria such as terms and conditions are at the diktat of the council, take it or leave it. Bin there, dunnit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:04 pm 

roythebus wrote:
Yes i know; the bodies I belong to have given the advice: any form of discussion about prices etc when tendering is illegal, simples.

Any other criteria such as terms and conditions are at the diktat of the council, take it or leave it. Bin there, dunnit.

T's and C's are never at the dictat of anyone they are negotiated ie their looking for a service, whether you get paid when a child is sick, for additional children, etc is LEGALLY negotiable thats your RIGHT and of course the right of all others tendering for a service and surprise surprise you can all legally negotiate to amend the contract jointly :D WHICH is clearly what should happen :D :D

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:29 pm 

I dont have to accept any rules/regs or contract T&C's but then Id not get the work.....

nose/face/cut off

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:17 am 

TT, you may be right in principle, but have you, as an individual, ever tried negotiating with a county council? The Kent group of the Confederation of Passenger Transport tried to do this on behalf of bus operators, including the big groups like stagecoach and Ariva as well as small operators like myself, and were told bluntly take it or leave it!

That is the diktat I was talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:11 pm 

roythebus wrote:
TT, you may be right in principle, but have you, as an individual, ever tried negotiating with a county council? The Kent group of the Confederation of Passenger Transport tried to do this on behalf of bus operators, including the big groups like stagecoach and Ariva as well as small operators like myself, and were told bluntly take it or leave it!

That is the diktat I was talking about.

Sorry didnt get back on this one earlier been organising some agg :D

Personally no i havnt been involved in this type of negotiation, but clearly the Council are playong a dodgy game for if Arriva Stagecoach whoever stick together there will be NO buses and of course the same applies to school runs alL it takes is some SOLIDARITY AND BELIEF :D

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE