Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: new motor time
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:12 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
comcab had some brackets that fitted just above the vents so they are clear, only took them 25 mins to fit and calibrated, £114 all in ouch

i was 1 and half hours to get mine fitted don't think the 1.6's have pulse wires so they need there binnacle removed thats why mine took longer and it went to digitax in clydebank a good 40 minute drive from where i am

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:51 am 

United Taxis 11 wrote:
And on another note i was watching central car auctions where my octavia was getting sold, looked every day and today it was gone so hopefully its new owner will look after it and will probably be put on as another taxi

More than likely end up as a PH in Blackpool. 8-[

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:30 am 

Probally right,at least not a Taxi :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:26 pm 

well don't think it will go anywhere down south, but whoever got it was getting a good car and had a fair amount work done to it over the years, front inside wheel bearing,steering rack,new brake pads,rear discs,one new caliper,timing belt and tensioner, radiator (lorry chucked ice into it and burst it),many services and a rear door lock mechanism

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:51 pm 

Fitted the Columbus unit today :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:03 am 

looking good skippy, wouldn't do it to my superb though as heard the Columbus can be a pain in the backside, the swing radio does me to a tea and not so much to go wrong but having sat nav built into the car is better though, no cables running from ciggy lighter up to right hand corner of the window like me, i always have to clean the door sills at the end of every day as the superb sits quite high in my opinion and people always scuff there feet off the bottom of the door and leaves a hell of a mess, and earlier on today my son was driving it only does it every now and then, like once a fortnight and he'll have it from 9am til 6, so came back at the end of the day and went out to meet him in the drive and said "some lassy knocked the rear light out" oh my god i nearly fell to the floor, but as usual he was making mountains out of molehills, some tall girl opened the back door and while she was swinging her legs out she hut the reflector on the bottom of the door and knocked it off and only took 2 minutes to clip back on again, :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:56 am 

I had a bulb out warning on the dash, got out and checked every ligh, all working????, turned of lights and back on, bulb warning off????
Don't forget the columbus is a multi media player, and the dvd passes the time, also 18 gig of music to choose from :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:33 am 

My 11 plate skoda has 140 k on the clock and the only problem its been of the road for was a new raditor
which got a stone chip from the road.

Great car - passengers love it and been called a BMW and Mercedes all the time.#

I changed my badges so its not the normal skoda badge now and people are supprised when explained its a skoda