PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:06 am 

could happen to anyone :oops:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... years.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:17 pm 

Something smells bovine here.....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:29 pm 

gusmac wrote:
Something smells bovine here.....

That is one reason that the banks won't help. It may be a perfectly genuine mistake but if it is, then I am afraid it was her mistake. If she had spotted it within say 2-3 months then the bank may have been a bit more helpful but 2 years FFS it does take some believing.
Only a police investigation can help her now. They have the powers to get the information from the bank and check on cctv in the area of the withdrawals at the appropriate times to see who made them.
A few months ago I made a mistake when paying the staff wages and accidently paid an ex employee. I spotted it within 2 days and the bank still wouldn't help because it was my mistake. Fortunatly I contacted the ex employee and he hadn't noticed the payment into his account and came round with a cheque. =D>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:44 pm 

More like a error they cant be bothered to sort out,banks youve got to feel sorry for them :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:22 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
The thing is whoever received the money by mistake knew it wasn't theirs and spent it that is known as theft by keeping in law and if she can persuade the old bill to take it up then she might have a chance of getting some back because if the people are convicted the proceeds of crime act would enable some recovery of the money surely

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:12 pm 

blackpool wrote:
More like a error they cant be bothered to sort out,banks youve got to feel sorry for them :roll:

wrong again, the hairdresser inputted the wrong account number, how is that the banks fault? she did it online, not in a branch...

will SHE admit its HER fault? this is today's society, lets blame someone else....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:59 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
blackpool wrote:

wrong again, the hairdresser inputted the wrong account number, how is that the banks fault? she did it online, not in a branch...

will SHE admit its HER fault? this is today's society, lets blame someone else....

Get a grip, you think the bank cant find out where it went ? Shes said she got a digit wrong but you think there interested.Just out of curiosity you think banks are giving us a good service.Nice to know you trust them :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:00 pm 

It seems odd too me that this couple paid what amounts to a quarter of their earnings in for 2 years and never noticed.

Like I said.....something smells bovine........

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:32 pm 

gusmac wrote:
It seems odd too me that this couple paid what amounts to a quarter of their earnings in for 2 years and never noticed.

Obviouly that bit is strange,must be a high end hairdresser !! But if the bank deposited money in your account by mistake and you spent it,you can bet your life theyd chase you !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:26 pm 

blackpool wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
blackpool wrote:

Get a grip, you think the bank cant find out where it went ? Shes said she got a digit wrong but you think there interested.Just out of curiosity you think banks are giving us a good service.Nice to know you trust them :roll:

SHE FOOKED UP.......end of
Im happy with my bank!

and her bank knows where its gone but they didnt arrange the standing order

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:41 pm 

blackpool wrote:
gusmac wrote:

Obviouly that bit is strange,must be a high end hairdresser !! But if the bank deposited money in your account by mistake and you spent it,you can bet your life theyd chase you !

oh dear, you think a hair dresser/salon is high end if £1000/month wages is good?....

boy have YOU not seen the world

note it was SPARE money to the couple - who didnt notice it was missing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:53 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
blackpool wrote:
gusmac wrote:

oh dear, you think a hair dresser/salon is high end if £1000/month wages is good?....

Look again.
The article said it was her WAGES and that - her and her husband, a public sector worker, earn less than £50,000 a year between them

Now what couple on pretty average earnings and with two kids could consider 25% of their income as SPARE and not need it or notice it's missing for two years?

FWIW, I think you're right, it was spare money, but I don't think somebody is being honest about their earnings. :shock:

I dare say someone at HMRC or Tax Credits would be interested as well, hence the anonymity. :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:21 pm 

Less than £50K jointly....

her (lost) "wages" amount to £13K a year, and were supposed to be going into a joint account but hubby didnt notice and she never asked once? well I would have! even if hubby was on £37K its still 25% of their joint income

noooooo, doesnt ring true in afraid

no wonder the names have been changed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:25 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
blackpool wrote:
gusmac wrote:

Do keep up boy,someone who is a hairdresser and doesnt need to touch their wages for two years is doing ok.But back to the story whats the betting she gets it back,im sure she will.Do the banks need anymore negative publicity ? Seen the world,plenty of it thanks,but ill never be up there with you :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:49 pm 

Granted, get out of town more BP, your stuck in Narnia

I bet she wont get a penny back