Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:08 am 

captain cab wrote:
gbone wrote:

i love a good confrontation especially when im right :lol: ...but there wouldnt be a confrontation he would have the right fare and i would walk away...why let people take the [edited by admin]

lol people are different, I personally wouldn't - I'd probably do the same as grandad

I'd rather object but most people prefer me to keep my mouth shut, go figure :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:13 am 

toots wrote:

I'd rather object but most people prefer me to keep my mouth shut, go figure :roll:

:-#

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:24 am 

gbone wrote:
captain cab wrote:
gbone wrote:

i love a good confrontation especially when im right :lol: ...but there wouldnt be a confrontation he would have the right fare and i would walk away...why let people take the [edited by admin]

lol people are different, I personally wouldn't - I'd probably do the same as grandad

i couldnt do it....i couldnt go in the house thinking hes just ripped me off and I said nothing...hed say something if I paid him short you can bet that

That is fine. You would be able to walk away with a smug grin on your face. But that just leaves the driver to do the same to the next customer and the next customer. By getting all the details and paying the fare in full and knowing that the driver would be called before the LO and be dissiplined and made to refund the overcharge seems to be the better way. I still went home with a smug grin on my face as well.
Oh and I selected drivers from that particular company because I knew they were overcharging and I was getting the proof. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:48 pm 

If you are getting overcharged don't pay thats what i say, why should you pay someone anything if they are trying to steal from you?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:43 pm 

United Taxis 11 wrote:
If you are getting overcharged don't pay thats what i say, why should you pay someone anything if they are trying to steal from you?

In a nutshell that's what it is it's theft.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:17 am 

Nidge2 wrote:
United Taxis 11 wrote:

In a nutshell that's what it is it's theft.

Theft needs to be dealt with properly.