Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:23 am 

Barhamm2 wrote:
I did contact the lo and just got a reply she said under no circumstances that another taxi should do that!

how long would you wait behind a non moving hack on a rank?....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 am 

As long at it takes!
I'm patient enough!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:37 pm 

Barhamm2 wrote:
I did contact the lo and just got a reply she said under no circumstances that another taxi should do that!

Did you tell the LO that you were on your phone taking a booking and you didn't know how long it would take?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:41 pm 

Yes I did mention to the lo I was on the phone!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:07 pm 

your lo is no good then she no know basic rules of hackney to block or leave car with no driver is against rules it even worse when driver in can and not move up tell your lo to go to school she need education try this is tesco with five people behind you an see how long it is before you get black eye for ignoring people asking you to move up i sorry if i sound sharp but people who think world is for them make me sick you apear to have no curtusy about you

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:08 pm 

Barhamm2 wrote:
As long at it takes!
I'm patient enough!

I bet you didn't tell your LO exactly what you were doing, and if you were hanging off the back of the rank waiting for some asshole to get off his phone, you'd be round at the LO's complaining about that too.

Yer an arse.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:17 pm 

The model byelaws adopted by each area are broadly the same in respect of the following;

7. The driver of a hackney carriage shall, when plying for hire in any street and not actually hired -

(a) proceed with reasonable speed to one of the stands appointed by the Council;

(b) if a stand, at the time of his arrival, is occupied by the full number of carriages authorised to occupy it, proceed to another stand;

(c) on arriving at a stand not already occupied by the full number of carriages authorised to occupy it, station the carriage immediately behind the carriage or carriages on the stand and so as to face in the same direction; and

(d) from time to time, when any other carriage immediately in front is driven off or moved forward cause his carriage to be moved forward so as to fill the place previously occupied by the carriage driven off or moved forward.

Penalties

18. Every person who shall offend against any of these byelaws shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding Level 2 on the Standard Scale and in the case of a continuing offence to a further fine not exceeding two pounds for each day during which the offence continues after conviction therefor.

UK standard scale

Level 1 £200
Level 2 £500
Level 3 £1,000
Level 4 £2,500
Level 5 £5,000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:38 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
we have one here who leaves his car on the rank for half an hour and nips down to gangsta cabs office for a coffee nothing is ever done aboutit. Mr excuses has always got a reason why it isn't the LO's job to deal with it :roll: