Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:20 pm 

Just when I was mentioning some app failures from up here, a new project puts in an appearance down there :-o

But not sure if many drivers will like this - competing with other drivers on the basis of price, vehicle type and mugshot :lol:

A beauty contest, in other words, and loosely speaking 8)

But I suspect the drivers in the example aren't real - they look more like Love Island contestants than some fat and sweaty 60-year-old driver :lol:

I suspect Sussex will have some strong words to say on this, and probably some insider info as well... 8-[

Brighton taxi boss says new app will 'revolutionise' industry

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/2411000 ... -industry/

Image: The Argus

A taxi firm boss is hoping his new app will “revolutionise” the private hire industry.

Michael Safeen, owner of Taxis4U in Brighton, says the app allows a customer to negotiate a fare with his network of drivers before booking.

Customers input their location and destination before selecting one of five price bands. The offer will then go out to all taxis on the network and the drivers can accept the customer’s price or suggest a different one in their response.

When the driver sends their response it will include their photograph, distance from the customer and the make and model of the vehicle.

“It means that if a car is near and the passenger is in a rush, they can pay slightly more and get there sooner or wait for a taxi that is further away if they have time and want to pay less,” said Michael.

“It gives the customer more control. They can arrive somewhere in a Mercedes if they pay a little more or in an Hyundai for less. It’s up to them. There’s also a picture of the driver so they can choose who picks them up.

“There are no hidden costs. For example when you go to Gatwick, some operators may charge you for parking or drop off fees, but our price includes all that.”

Michael, who has a degree in internet system architecture, began driving taxis in Brighton in 2010 before founding Taxis4U in 2018.

He said that companies like Uber operate “surge” fares making them more expensive during busy hours, but his app gives customers greater freedom.

In fact, Michael says his app could soon help people across England.

“We’ve got contracts in Brighton, Lewes and Chichester, and hope that we can go to London. Then we go national.”

But the Taxis4U boss will not leave his elderly customers behind.

“People can still call us and book a taxi over the phone, and they can still pay in the taxis by cash or card if they’d like,” he said.

Image: The Argus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:22 pm 

Quote:
A taxi firm boss is hoping his new app will “revolutionise” the private hire industry.

Aye, right :roll:

Quote:
Michael Safeen, owner of Taxis4U in Brighton, says the app allows a customer to negotiate a fare with his network of drivers before booking.

The drivers will love that, I'm sure :-o

Quote:
“People can still call us and book a taxi over the phone, and they can still pay in the taxis by cash or card if they’d like,” he said.

Just in case, eh? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:29 pm 

StuartW wrote:

Quote:

The drivers will love that, I'm sure :-o

I didn't think Private Hire drivers were allowed to negotiate prices, I thought that was the job of the operator.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:51 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
well what he is proposing will be difficult to implement.

I can remember discussing putting my drivers pictures on our website. It was flatly refused because they were worried about misuse. Photos and details available in the app can be used for identity theft as well as the obvious pitting drivers against one another in a bidding war.

If say 10 to 20 percent refuse to participate what happens then ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:21 pm 

Quote:
I suspect Sussex will have some strong words to say on this, and probably some insider info as well... 8-[

A numpty of the highest order.

As with most of these things, doomed to failure.

I get the geeks thinking these things are the best thing since sliced bread, but someone who has been involved in the trade for a number of years thinking drivers will be queuing up to undercut each other is really quite depressing.

Part of me hopes he has invested 10s of 1000s in this app.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:24 pm 

Quote:

This fella hasn't really got a circuit, he piggybacks on the back of Uber and undertakes school contract work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:32 pm 

another hair brained scheme

put your drivers in a stack and first job goes to first driver.seemples

just a shame there isnt a d***head emoji

shame on you ,drivers undercutting each other is a no no

a wise man on here once said
nobody wins in a race to the bottom

:evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:25 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:

This fella hasn't really got a circuit, he piggybacks on the back of Uber and undertakes school contract work.

Oh. Is this the same Taxis4U that I was looking at earlier, and claims to have "grown into one of the largest fleet[s] covering all of Brighton, Hove, Lewes and Peacehaven"? :-s

Kind of took that with a pinch of salt, somehow :roll:

https://www.taxi4u.co.uk/about-us

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:55 pm 

Quote:
Oh. Is this the same Taxis4U that I was looking at earlier, and claims to have "grown into one of the largest fleet[s] covering all of Brighton, Hove, Lewes and Peacehaven"?

Not even in the top 6.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 2:53 pm 

I think this will be a good Idea https://www.taxi4u.co.uk helps drivers to have a nother option than UBER. It also gives give good rates for Brighton airport taxis and lower commission for the drivers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:41 pm 

Brighton Taxis 4U wrote:
I think this will be a good Idea https://www.taxi4u.co.uk helps drivers to have a nother option than UBER. It also gives give good rates for Brighton airport taxis and lower commission for the drivers.

Well in that case you must have drivers queuing around the block to join up.

But I bet you don't. #-o